Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yodle,

What's a better way to spend a friday evening then watching a quality movie with your buddies?

Watching BeerFest instead. This movie had me laughing so hard, I couldn't breath, and I was crying.

As you know (or don't) Broken lizard is the same film company behind Super Troopers, and Club Dread.

Super Troopers was an awesome movie. Great quotes and tag lines (Ramrod) and a good story to boot.

Club Dread stank. It had its moments, but in generall, it stank.

Then came BeerFest. A movie that any beer drinker and appreciate. I won't give away the plot, or and funny parts, but I will say this...

I can't wait for PotFest :D

SheepStar

Last edited:
C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
Sheep

I think I like you man! Really though I have heard Beerfest is a good movie, now I really want to see it. I agree Supertroopers was hysterical and the hypothetical Potfest movie you are talking about would be right up my alley:cool: .

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
chadd said:
I think I like you man! Really though I have heard Beerfest is a good movie, now I really want to see it. I agree Supertroopers was hysterical and the hypothetical Potfest movie you are talking about would be right up my alley:cool: .
Hey woa! Don't swing that way :rolleyes: :D

One warning before seeing it, is to have cash with you, because you will undoubtly want beer afterwards. I did.

Right after the movie, we hit the Cold beer and Wine, grabbed some Guinness, and went to a friends house for a campfire and drinking.

After seeing all the fast drinking in the movie, I wanted to see how fast I could drink a Guinness (440ml). 7 seconds. Really, this movie is great.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sheep said:
Wow, no one saw Beerfest?

SheepStar
I'll probably watch on dvd when I can get it for around $5.:p
I had heard it was incredibly stupid, so stupid, one couldn't help but like it. I think it got two thumbs down with a recomendation to go see anyway.:D I'll eventually get around to seeing it, just no rush here.

Jack

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Jack Hammer said:
I'll probably watch on dvd when I can get it for around $5.:p
I had heard it was incredibly stupid, so stupid, one couldn't help but like it. I think it got two thumbs down with a recomendation to go see anyway.:D I'll eventually get around to seeing it, just no rush here.

Jack
Stupid?

*SPOILER* Would a stupid movie have a chain reaction of hot girls shirts getting ripped off?*/SPOILER*

I think NOT!

SheepStar

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Just checked out the website. I had to grab a beer. LOL. Isn't it a sin to bong a Guinness? One should only do that with Canadian brew. :p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Just checked out the website. I had to grab a beer. LOL. Isn't it a sin to bong a Guinness? One should only do that with Canadian brew. :p
They don't drink Guinness in the movie. It's a brownish looking beer (like Kilkenny).

For the record, I can drink a 440ml of Guiness in under 5 seconds.

SheepStar

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Saw it, loved it, will own it!

Shinerman!

BTW, in my college days I could down a 32oz mug-o-beer in just under 2 seconds. Yes, that's under 2 seconds! You have to relax the throat and just pour it down. No swallowing involved. Wow, that's sounds really bad reading it back to myself. :eek:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Haven't seen it yet, but I will see it and own it!
Guinness is best cold and in combination as an Irish Car Bomb. Damn those things are sweet. Reminds me of chocolate milk.
I know, I know. I'm gonna get reamed for suggesting Guinness is best as a mixer...Four Peaks Oatmeal Stout kicks Guinness butt any day of the week. Gotta give it up for the local brews.

-pat

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
pzaur said:
Haven't seen it yet, but I will see it and own it!
Guinness is best cold and in combination as an Irish Car Bomb. Damn those things are sweet. Reminds me of chocolate milk.
I know, I know. I'm gonna get reamed for suggesting Guinness is best as a mixer...Four Peaks Oatmeal Stout kicks Guinness butt any day of the week. Gotta give it up for the local brews.

-pat
Mixing Guinness with Kilkenny is godlike. I call it, "Black and Tan" :D

SheepStar

D

davo

Full Audioholic
A drink to sort the men from the boys!

Take one(1) pint of guinness, and one(1) shot glass filled with black sambuca.

Gently drop the shot glass - with sambuca still in it - into the pint so it lands in its upright position in bottom of guinness.

Proceed to skol the drink without stopping to breathe. There shouls be two(2) empty glasses when finished, one inside the other.

Don't drive.:D

S

SkookBoy

Audiophyte
Sheep said:
Mixing Guinness with Kilkenny is godlike. I call it, "Black and Tan" :D

SheepStar

Yuengling already makes a brew called Black and Tan, so go get your own damn name.

Beerfest was a great movie and once I saw the previews for it I needed to see it, especially after visiting Germany and tasting their delicious beer.

Microbrews in Germany pretty much squelch what any large scale distributors can produce.
However the only better thing outside of Germany than an Irish Car Bomb is a nice cold Guiness by itself.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Please tell me you didn't join just to post in the Beer Fest Thread..

However, if you did, you may also want to check out the "Your Favorite Brew" thread in the Steam Vent.

SheepStar

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
SkookBoy said:
Yuengling already makes a brew called Black and Tan, so go get your own damn name.
I love me some black and tan, but a real black and tan is Guinness and Bass.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis