Been awhile since I've been here; has anyone been contacted by Emotiva for the XMC-1 yet?

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Hi guys, been waiting for what seems like years for this product to release (oh wait, it has been years:cool:) and I randomly punched emotiva into my search bar today and to my surprise there it was on their front page.
I clicked on it and was taken to: Emotiva XMC-1 - Beyond all expectations. where it states that the first XMC-1's will ship in April and May and then volume shipping in June.

Was wondering if anyone has received one yet? Gene? I did a search and didn't get any results and I didn't see it on the previews page yet either :confused:

If this is a repost or has been previewed, sorry.
I'm super excited for dedicated 7.2 support, balanced outputs, and some kick *** room correction.

Any thoughts people?
--chaz

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Crickets ... nope.

They are taking it month by month now.

- Rich

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I just went to their forum and checked the processor section, no one has received anything yet, looks like an April shipment is not happening and no word on May.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Ok, fair enough -- I should've known better than to get too excited.
I'll keep popping in here on occasion. You'd think Gene would get serial#1 to test.

Thanks for your replies!
--chaz

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I called and spoke to a gentleman who blamed the delay on the fact that they are building these units in their new US factory, which is behind schedule and due for completion soon. My guess is that they are starting their road shows in June, so I would expect to start seeing them by then. They will be close to my neck of the woods in July, and while I will go to check it out, I have given up on the XMC-1

At the end of the day, all Emotiva needs to do is keep it's customers informed on delays, they have shot themselves in the foot so many times, there are no toes left :)

On a more disappointing note, Marantz will not have a new PRE/PRO with HDMI 2.0 until early next year.
They are however refershing their AV line (no announced date)
Denon will have an AV Refresh with the addition a model a step above the X4000 in the 2k range. At least that is what the DM Rep told me at AXPONA.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Marantz typically releases new models in the fall.

T

totalcomfort

Enthusiast
I have not given up yet,but have been on the list for just a year. I am getting tired of the delay's, but think this will be one of the best bang for the buck prepro going if it ever gets released.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis