Beatles Box set (stereo)

P

Pupp

Audioholic Intern
Anybody buy that box set? I noticed that you can't actually see the song files on the CDs. iTunes has no problem importing the songs. But if you open the CD from "My Computer" in Windows 7, the song files are not listed.

Showing Hidden Files doesn't do anything either.

:confused:

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Interesting; I've never tried opening that way and the files imported perfectly via itunes. But is that a problem? Once you've imported via itunes or another program, you can do what you want with the files.

P

Pupp

Audioholic Intern
I know I can do what I want with the files, after iTunes imports them.

Its just that when I first opened the CD, iTunes wasn't my first choice for looking at the files. (I was using a seperate program that could add meta data). I figured I'd save a step by importing the meta data first, then moving it to my iTunes library.

So I ended up using iTunes to import the songs. (I now use BeaTunes to import metadata.)

I'd gotten the Beatles stereo box set last xmas, before I had beatunes. Anyway, I recently found out that iTunes default to import *CD files is a measly 150kbps. So yesterday, I'd decided to re-import all my CD's to iTunes at 320Kbps. Out of curiousity, I'd try to see if I could find the music files on the Beatles CDs again.. but no luck. But of course, iTunes had no trouble importing the files. I was just curious why the files are hidden.

*supposedly iTunes will import stereo at 256Kbps, but the only CD it managed to do that with was my Led Zeppelin "Mothership" CD. Otherwise, all my other CD's (which are all stereo), were imported at 150Kbps, when I originally imported the files with iTunes default settings. Like I said, until I read this article recently, I didn't even check to see what the Kbps was, I just assumed it was at the best quality.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis