B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Can anyone read the crystal ball and tell me if I should wait to buy the Oppo BDP95 as there will surely be updates at years end. I'm not sure what they could add. Just looking for info or opinions. Thanks
BMW

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They actually have typically released a new player by now in the year, so they are either taking their time or working on something big. Never hurts to contact them directly. They may offer advice as to the timing of it, and if it is far enough off, they will tell you to get the 95 now.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not sure what they could add. BMW
The option to hook up as a standalone DAC and removal of the fan would be great. They can also add network streaming features such as DD+ Netflix and others but I hope not, as it does not make much sense for people to wear and tear their $1,000players on those things.

Send Margaritas

Send Margaritas

Audioholic
I've got a 95 and love it. That said, a 93 might have been better for me. I, for one, can't hear any difference with the analog output in 7.1 analog mode, vs 7.1 digital mode....and I end up using HDMI over RCA to run it in 9.1

If you're going to use HDMI, get the Oppo 93 over the 95.

That said, I still love the 95. I'm thinking of getting a 93 too for another room.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I tried both, and kept the 93. I could not tell any difference in sound or picture between the 93 vs the 95.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
CPP I am curious Did you try to analog stereo outputs on the 95? That's where OPPO says it better then the 93.

S

saeyedoc

Junior Audioholic
I'd wait. There are reports that the new ones will do Netflix 1080p and have two HDMI inputs. The replacement for the 95 will also work as a USB DAC.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No real need to answer this one, as the OP has not come back since asking.

M

Miketuason

Audioholic Intern
The new BDP 103 and 105 is on the way to replace the BDP 95. The only thing I know are the new once will have digital inputs and no more cooling fans inside.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis