BD Release Dates???

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any news as to when movies such as Star Wars (new and old), Jurassic Park, Matrix, Lord of the Rings, etc will be released on Blu Ray??? I remember reading something somewhere and from a guy at Best Buy that they were expecting it in August 2008 but its almost September and its not in their systems yet meaning they are not awaiting shipment. If anyone knows or has heard anything I would appreciate it.

THANKS!!!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know if this helps, but the first hit from Google on "blu-ray release dates" gave this site. There were a lost of other links on that search (this one is slightly flashier), so I'm guessing that there's good info out there.

The Matrix was listed, but I didn't see the others that you mentioned. There were a lot of movies in the list, though.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Firefly on BR November 11th, woohoo!!!
Ahem....sorry....
Just picked up a ps3 yesterday to go with the new tv...I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more money than I should the next few months, I think my wife has about had enough with me already...

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
www.highdefdigest.com is really one of the best places for this type of information. You get all the reviews, but for rumors as well as actual news, which is all identified correctly, they are really up to date and pretty quick with the updates.

The Star Wars/LOTR rumors are entirely rumors, and if you want to discuss it, their forums may be best, but it really boils down to whether or not BD has enough market penetration yet, or anytime in the forseeable future, to sell serious quantities of movies.

I think that the answer is 'No' at this time, and so the studios are simply not planning the release yet.

At least a year, likely two years would be my guess.

Until then, at least we are getting all the big new releases on HD for us to view and enjoy. We'll still have to wait a bit for the real classics.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
bluray.com is another good place to look for info on blu ray release dates, as well as reviews for other blu ray discs.

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Thanks Guys:D!!!!!! It's very disappointing but at least we have all the new movies coming on Blu Ray I guess that is the good news:) Funny thing though I think they are purposely doing this to create some anxiousness amongst us like me so that when it does come out people will line up to get it. Well until then I guess I will have to wait.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis