Battlestar Galactica Final Episode

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up:
I curious what other BSG fans thought of the final half season.
Myself, I thought they couldn't have had a better finale.
Great ending to one of the best series on television. I regret seeing it end.

Come on, out of your geek closets. I'm not the only one here.:)

Matt34

Matt34

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up:
I curious what other BSG fans thought of the final half season.
Great ending to one of the best series on television. I regret seeing it end.

Come on, out of your geek closets. I'm not the only one here.:)
I'm a season behind so I'm just going to ignore the rest of this thread.;)

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I completely agree. I was a bit scared that the finally would be a let down, like something would be left hanging, or that the second half would be dull, but nooooo, nothing of the sort. The last three minutes provided a crowning cherry to it all... great twist. ;)

Usually, TV series that start introducing interesting mysteries and questions (like what's with Baltar's virtual Six? Or how important is All Along the Watchtower?) forget to answer them, plod along introducing more questions until they get canceled without answering any of them. Happily that didn't happen with BSG. :cool:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i stopped watching since they settled on that planet.

i did get a copy of the final episode though, i still want to know what happens.

I.Canton

I.Canton

Audioholic Intern
I thought it was a great end to the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing the extended version when it's released. I'm curious as to what footage they cut for the TV version.

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
I thought it was a great finale. Only question I still have at the end is this: what was Kara Thrace?

She died, then came back, then dissappeared at the end. Am I reading too much, and she just ran out of sight? Or did she really vanish? Did God create her and take her back? Again, what was she?

Again, loved the ending. Can't wait for the mini-series/episode called Caprica.

no. 5

no. 5

"Or did she really vanish?"
Yep.

"Did God create her and take her back?"
Yep; it was implied she was brought back to bring everyone to earth.

"Again, what was she?"
Presumably just a person.

On a side note, if we can continue using spoiler tags, this thread is going to look hilarious.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Series finale was EXCELLENTE'!!!:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Buckeye_Nut

I thought it was an excellent conclusion. I didn't discover the show until the last 2-3 seasons, but I got hooked and watched to the end.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Reviving an old thread and not ashamed to do so...

I caught the first two seasons when they were being aired initially and then life caught up with me and well you know...

I just finished watching the series on Netflix (a marathon viewing session over the past few weeks).

All I can say is awesome. The story line, the metaphysical element, the characters with well developed back plot, the acting (for the most part). They touched on so many issues affecting us globally on a microscopic scale and did it with aplomb.

This has to be one of the best TV series that I have ever seen. Kudos to the writers/producers for not trying to stretch this to a Star Trek like # of shows. They wrote a good story and let if unfold in the # of episodes it was going to take.

There were a few 'soap opera' moments but even their weakest stuff was of greatness.

As far as Kara Thrace at the end I felt ok with writing my own ending. I believe the producers of the show wanted it that way. The last page of a book with the simple words: This space intentionally left blank. It's for the viewer to take into their own hand and finish the ending.

I wish their would have been a final montage of all the key players that would have closed the loop a bit more. But it really wasn't necessary.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I too loved this series. It was one of the few TV shows that got categorized as "Daddy's Stories". Which meant everybody hush or go upstairs! The only other show to get this honorific is 24. Which I still haven't finished yet!

I loved the soundtrack played during the final firefight on the final episode of BSG. Come on, Hendrix? Rock out. It was a great closer. The night is was playing in Philly we had a beast of a rain storm going on. The thunder of the explosions plus what was going on outside was perfect!

Still haven't bought Season 4.5 on DVD yet, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I caught the first two seasons when they were being aired initially and then life caught up with me and well you know...

I just finished watching the series on Netflix (a marathon viewing session over the past few weeks).

All I can say is awesome. The story line, the metaphysical element, the characters with well developed back plot, the acting (for the most part). They touched on so many issues affecting us globally on a microscopic scale and did it with aplomb.

This has to be one of the best TV series that I have ever seen. Kudos to the writers/producers for not trying to stretch this to a Star Trek like # of shows. They wrote a good story and let if unfold in the # of episodes it was going to take.

There were a few 'soap opera' moments but even their weakest stuff was of greatness.

As far as Kara Thrace at the end I felt ok with writing my own ending. I believe the producers of the show wanted it that way. The last page of a book with the simple words: This space intentionally left blank. It's for the viewer to take into their own hand and finish the ending.

I wish their would have been a final montage of all the key players that would have closed the loop a bit more. But it really wasn't necessary.
We finally saw the whole series on Netflix:D

Super series is all I can say. Interesting ending. when will they dig up their skeletons? Or, is it hidden away someplace? ;):D

You guys should watch the Prequel to this series, Caprica. That is what we have on the Netflix ques. Saw the series premier. Too bad I didn't open the menu to discover an unrated version, wow, good scenes;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis