Battleship On BluRay

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Haven't the foggiest :p

My friend and I watched it while our wives were upstairs talking. It was perfect. :)
Mine will be out of town and hope my buddy will show up during that absence.:D

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Wife liked it, son and daughter-inlaw loved it enough to watch 4 times over this holiday weekend. I liked it well enough to buy it and add to my collection.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Rented it this weekend and coming in with low expectations I was pleasantly surprised. Good effects and sound with a story that wasn't sooo bad that it would make me turn it off .... all around, a good mindless action flick worth renting IMO.

Steve

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, here's my take on this question.

The bass was very thin for a movie of this genre.
Can you explain what you mean by this??
Some movies, like "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", depend on great acting to draw people into the theaters

Others, on a great story, like "Schindler's List".

Some, like "Hugo, on a tug of the heartstrings.

And some, like these under discussion here, don't really have those attributes to fall back on. They generally depend on bright colors, lots of action, glitzy special effects, and loud explosions to keep the general public in their seats munching popcorn.

That's not to appear snobbish and dismiss the genre as bad or low class. It's not. It's actually quite fun.

I'm just trying to define it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Some movies, like "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", depend on great acting to draw people into the theaters

Others, on a great story, like "Schindler's List".

Some, like "Hugo, on a tug of the heartstrings.

And some, like these under discussion here, don't really have those attributes to fall back on. They generally depend on bright colors, lots of action, glitzy special effects, and loud explosions to keep the general public in their seats munching popcorn.

That's not to appear snobbish and dismiss the genre as bad or low class. It's not. It's actually quite fun.

I'm just trying to define it.
No worries.. That's why I said bass is thin for this genre as its an action eye candy flick with great use of the surrounds but the bass?? :D It just wasn't there as expected.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Rented it this weekend and coming in with low expectations I was pleasantly surprised. Good effects and sound with a story that wasn't sooo bad that it would make me turn it off .... all around, a good mindless action flick worth renting IMO.

Steve
That was my assesment as well. I expected it to suck, like The Transformers movies, but it was actually decent. It wasn't great but I didn't hate it. The story was pretty implausible and kind of silly but not too bad. I'd give it a B-.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Not a problem.

No worries.. That's why I said bass is thin for this genre as its an action eye candy flick with great use of the surrounds but the bass?? :D It just wasn't there as expected.
I knew what you were saying. My reply was to edwhatshisname's question, not your comment. :D

Actually, I thought the Transformers movies were great, mindless entertainment that didn't force me to use my brain too much. Not great art, but good fun with "serious humor" interspersed between the SFX. ...kinda like the girls I dated for fun but would never bring home to meet Mom.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I knew what you were saying. My reply was to edwhatshisname's question, not your comment. :D

Actually, I thought the Transformers movies were great, mindless entertainment that didn't force me to use my brain too much. Not great art, but good fun with "serious humor" interspersed between the SFX. ...kinda like the girls I dated for fun but would never bring home to meet Mom.
How could you not take her home to meet mother? Could you be a doll and please pass over the butter :D

J

johnusher

Audiophyte
In my point of view, "John Carter" is a great movie because of good storyline and acting.

But I don't like Battleship Movie.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Did everything work out?
Well, I watched it by myself again at a much better level;)
Pretty good lows but I think it could have been better perhaps. However, not sure if any of the weapons except the 16" battleship guns carries the real lows so it should have been more authoritative.

roleydre

roleydre

Audioholic
i just watched this movie but it was on dvd,i thought it sounded above average for dvd audio,and bass was pretty loud,now im sure on bluray its much louder...

anyway ,the first 30 min of this movie,i just wanted to kill myself,but after that it was a pretty good movie ,i enjoyed it...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Finally watched Batteleship last night, on Netflix. Great special effects:).....glad I didn't buy it.:rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis