Bass shaker with soundbar?

H

Heriek Poynes

Audiophyte
I am currently looking to add a bass shaker under my chair for elevated 4D movie experience with a 3.1 channel soundbar with wireless subwoofer. But I don't know whether bass shakers work with soundbars or not? If yes, can you help me list out the things required for the setup? Also, kindly care to explain me the process of all things that will work with the suggested setup.

Here are the technical specs of my setup for your reference:

3.1 channel soundbar with
1x hdmi 2.1 input containing hdcp 2.3
1x hdmi eARC output port
1x optical out
1x usb for power 5V/500mA

And a wireless subwoofer that auto-pairs with soundbar on a 5Ghz frequency band. Subwoofer contains no ports. Just a power supply port as it is an active subwoofer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If there's no sub pre-out on the soundbar to connect a bass shaker's amp to, doubt you can do this. Maybe something with the optical port converted to analog for the bass shaker's amp. Typical active subs often have a way to connect another, but I wouldn't call a soundbar's wireless sub with only a power input to be a typical active sub at all otoh. What are the brand/model of the soundbar and bass shaker you want to use?

H

Heriek Poynes

Audiophyte
I have lg sp8a 3.1 channel soundbar 440w rms. And as for bass shaker, I haven't decided any one in specific, as long as I can properly feel the bass on my seat, even the cheapest one will do just fine. I have heard that aurasound and buttkicker are popular ones.

H

Heriek Poynes

Audiophyte
I have lg sp8a 3.1 channel soundbar 440w rms. And as for bass shaker, I haven't decided any one in specific, as long as I can properly feel the bass on my seat, even the cheapest one will do just fine. I have heard that aurasound and buttkicker are popular ones.
Isn't there any wireless bass shaker or any kind of wireless tactile subwoofer available?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've not seen a wireless one particularly, and even if it was wireless would it operate on the same transmitted frequency as your sub? Another good one is Clark Synthesis (I use one).

Your manual indicates the optical port on your soundbar is an input, not an output. Soundbars have very limited connectivity to traditional components generally. I think you need different gear....an avr would be able to use subs/tactile transducers fairly easily (altho with most transducers you need to supply an amp, some sell packages of transducers with amp).

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
No, this isn't possible.

I understand what you want. But, the product you own is not designed to do this.
No, you can't modify things to make this work.
No, there is no workaround.

Bass shakers are designed to be connected to the LFE (subwoofer) output of a AV receiver. If your soundbar had a LFE output on it that could connect to any of the thousands of standard subwoofers on the market, you could make this work. But, it doesn't. So, you can't.

Speaker bars are meant to be a quick, cheap, and dirty way to improve upon the audio built into a television. They are never 'great', or nearly as powerful as advertised. But, they are a real improvement over the TV speakers. But, that's all they are. They aren't AV receivers, and they are a midway point between terrible audio and quality audio. Okay audio. Acceptable audio. Which is FINE! There's nothing wrong with improving and meeting a budget, but you gotta realize that these things are built to sell in quantities, and performance and connectivity are just there to hit the most people they can for the least amount of money possible. Which means, no added connectivity that most people will never use.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis