Bands & artists that still care for good production/recording

alcy

alcy

Audioholic Intern
There are a few I know and am glad they happen to be my favorite bands as well.

- Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson/related projects : Probably the best out there.

- Tool : Although I am not a fan of Microsoft or their closed source/proprietary technologies, but anyway Lateralus was produced using HDCD encoded technology...goes to show their concern for good recording.

- Nine Inch Nails : Of course ! Their album The Slip apart from being available free of charge, is available officially in FLAC (with different bitrates and quality for specific classes of listeners, audiophiles are given priority as well ! )

It would have been probably better had their been no iPods or mp3 players, but anyway that is a subjective issue.

I hope members will contribute names of artists/bands they know who still care for good production & recording.

Hicks

Hicks

Audioholic
Anything Nigel Godrich touches, notably Radiohead and the Beck albums he has produced.

Wilco, Arcade Fire and Grizzly Bear (especially their most recent album Veckatimest) are some other current bands that have high quality production, IMO.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Franz Ferdinand's latest album was a very high quality recording.

Tool's last album 10000 days was also very well produced but then I've never heard a poor Tool recording.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Wanna hear some really bad stuff listen to 311's new record its really bad,as well as My Chemical Romance's stuff fall out girls stuff,any of the new acts just suck........

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Wanna hear some really bad stuff listen to 311's new record its really bad,as well as My Chemical Romance's stuff fall out girls stuff,any of the new acts just suck........
What are a couple of your best? Can we buy them retail?

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
My personal favorites have always been anything by Steely Dan or Donald Fagen. Absolute perfectionists in the studio, makes me glad I invested in decent audio.:cool:

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
band does all the recording themselves in their own studio. frontman is a musical and recording genius, they also have this album on vinyl.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
band does all the recording themselves in their own studio. frontman is a musical and recording genius, they also have this album on vinyl.

Not much of a singer though. :eek::D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Since Jamie hasn't seen my question or is ignoring me, does anyone know of anything Jamie has engineered that I can buy?

J

jamie2112

Banned
Since Jamie hasn't seen my question or is ignoring me, does anyone know of anything Jamie has engineered that I can buy?
Sorry didnt see your question bro. http://www.amazon.com/311-Live-New-Orleans-Day/dp/B0003037VQ
I recorded and mixed this,there are some others coming out this week on Itunes.called Soma Project that is killer as well,Jen Van Meter on Itunes as well....Jarflys Jimmies Chicken Shack-Giving Something Back,Ze Luis Brazil Funk live at Tramps NYC 95 plenty of other stuff just have to think ......

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis