Background music is too loud compared to dialogs

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
In my 2.1 setup, I find that while watching a movie, the music is much louder than the dialogs.

What is wrong?

How to fix it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Many receivers have an option to decrease the dynamic range of the sound, which, in some receivers, is called a "night" mode or some such thing. You will want to look at the manual for your receiver for this. Select it, and it will decrease the difference between the loudest sounds and the softest sounds, thus decreasing the difference between the dialog and the music.

As for your question of "what is wrong?", the people who mix the soundtrack can do anything they want regarding the relative volume of things. You may not like their selections, but that has nothing to do with the functioning of your equipment.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Many receivers have an option to decrease the dynamic range of the sound, which, in some receivers, is called a "night" mode or some such thing. You will want to look at the manual for your receiver for this. Select it, and it will decrease the difference between the loudest sounds and the softest sounds, thus decreasing the difference between the dialog and the music.

As for your question of "what is wrong?", the people who mix the soundtrack can do anything they want regarding the relative volume of things. You may not like their selections, but that has nothing to do with the functioning of your equipment.
You are correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Dialog is exactly what the original 5.1 multichannel setups (and all other multichannel formats, right up to 11.2) were designed to clarify with the centre channel. However depending on how audio gets to your 2.1 system, you could adjust the parameters. For example don't use "movie mode" audio in your display's setup if that's where the audio comes from, because that setting assumes a centre channel is present. Select a 2-channel mode (the terms might be different, but you can figure that out).
Many times an AVR with 4.1 speakers to work with but running in 5.1 mode will simulate a center speaker. I'm not saying that it will fix the problem but it's something to try.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis