back to school, with lots of speakers

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is this real life?

Oh, and I think this qualifies as my favorite thread ever!

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
After reading this thread I realize that, Craig my friend.............

I dont think your ADD meds are agreeing with you completely.

Anyway, keep on trucking with your project, dont ever give up and someday we might all hear about you solving the worlds energy crisis with one of your inventions.

S

steve_1979

Junior Audioholic
Craig you are an absolute legend my friend. Thank you for brightening up my day and making me smile with your posts. This is the best thread I've ever read!

Good luck with school and your home made ipod speakers - I'll be interested to see how they turn out.

:) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
T

timmay8612

Audioholic
Sounds like you need to speak with your Dr. about your meds. Fairly certain you're not supposed to be hallucinating. However, from my understanding of the way most ADD/ADHD meds work, they actually stimulate the brain and are in fact stimulants, not depressants. In very rough layman's terms, they stimulate the part of your brain that allows you to concentrate. That may be why you feel hyper much of the time, but PLEASE talk to your Dr.

Best of luck with the speaker project. Have you considered saving money by buying a used, older generation iPod instead of a slick new touch? I've got an old 30g video that works just fine.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like you need to speak with your Dr. about your meds. Fairly certain you're not supposed to be hallucinating. However, from my understanding of the way most ADD/ADHD meds work, they actually stimulate the brain and are in fact stimulants, not depressants. In very rough layman's terms, they stimulate the part of your brain that allows you to concentrate. That may be why you feel hyper much of the time, but PLEASE talk to your Dr.

Best of luck with the speaker project. Have you considered saving money by buying a used, older generation iPod instead of a slick new touch? I've got an old 30g video that works just fine.
Yes, I agree. Please talk to your doctor about your reactions, because that just does not sound right to me.:eek:

It sounds like every penny you get your mitts on burns a hole through your pocket. You may not like to hear it, but save some of your cash for a rainy day.;)

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Yes, I agree. Please talk to your doctor about your reactions, because that just does not sound right to me.:eek:

It sounds like every penny you get your mitts on burns a hole through your pocket. You may not like to hear it, but save some of your cash for a rainy day.;)
Its that free health care system up there:eek::D:)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
also, tomorow is the big day :eek: and yea, its gonna suck because:
1. my new ADD meds seem to have effects similar to crack because my pupils are crazy huge, i seem to be more hyper :confused:, i cant sleep because when i try, every 5 minutes i think of something i need to do, or randomly wake up every 15 minutes and have crazy hallucinations thats my bed is covered in bugs (when this happens, i know its not covered in bugs but i still have to get up and turn on the lights and search my bed for bugs because my house is being invaded by box-elder bugs aka maple bugs and some of the adults got im my room and laid eggs:mad: so yea, during the day its not uncommon for one fly down from the long abandoned top bunk and come sit next to me)
2.i got 2 hours of sleep last night and since i took my pill earlier today, it should wear off earlier but i'll still only get about 4.5 hours of sleep :(
3. there is something wrong with my right arm so i cant really move it too much
4. i have to wake up at 6:00, oh so make that umm about 3.5 hours
5. i might be riding my bike to school because the school board screwed up so my friend who live next to me cant take the bus for 2 weeks
5.5 my bikes rear tire wont stay on and is only being held on by the chain and apparently part of the solution for this is getting my spokes tightened and one of my friends has a spoke tightener but wont fix it unless i buy a spoke tightener :(
6. my binder speaker is not finished yet, not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was ready

:eek: That's what I call a rough night. :eek:

How are you doing today? Hope you are feeling alright. Have you told your Doc about all this?

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
well, no more hallucinating, just thought i'd update you guys b4 bed. also, cancer is a b****, thats all im allowed to say for now :'(

L

leousm

Enthusiast
If you put as much effort into your school work as you are putting into these speakers, you shouldn't be failing any more courses.... ;)
Exactly what I was thinking while reading the thread! :D

You should really get checked out. I don't think those are acceptable side effects from ADD medications if that what it is. There's nothing wrong about talking to someone about hallucinations etc. Think of the brain as hardware and software. Problems with either can make you experience weird stuff!

Wish you the best, good luck!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That was my thought. I'm having trouble determining whether this kid is starved for attention or if he truly has compounding medical problems.:confused:
Yeah, I read that as well and I'm not sure how or if to respond.:confused:

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
alright ive got alot to say. i got an ipod touch 4g yesterday, its awesome so far. the whole cancer thing, my friend might have cancer:( (i really shouldn't have even posted that kuz she dont want me telling anyone). i haven finished my binder speakers because im too lazy to fire up the glue gun. but i might try making a subwoofer from scratch or maybe just a small speaker with decent bass for my binder. thats about it. kinda unrelated but i also garbage picked 2 computers 2 days ago,1 is crap, but one has some good parts. its got working power supply, soundblaster live sound card, 32mb -.- graphics card WITH S-VIDEO OUT :D , it needs work though but pretty good

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
the whole cancer thing, my friend might have cancer:( (i really shouldn't have even posted that kuz she dont want me telling anyone).
Well if she hasn't already, she needs to go to a doctor to get it checked out. If you ever suspect something is wrong with your health, ALWAYS get it checked out. You could quite possible save your life.

And WebMD doesn't count as getting it checked, although going to the doctors with information is never a bad thing.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
she did go to a doctor but there not sure if its cancer but there is definatley something wrong

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The dre beats don`t suck at all, I`ve compared them with ATH-M50s and Shure SRH840s and they stack up fairly well, although they do take the bronze medal and cost more than either.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis