BA cr67 or polk m30

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
i plan on buying four a matching center and sub going with a onkyo 605 , or should i just go with the HSU package 1 ? The acoustics i can get for 139 a pair the m30 s 180 a pair andthe HSU package is 500.

TIA

robb

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
BA and Polk both make excellent speakers, however, the sound very different. Bostons are neutral to bright whereas the Polks are more laid back. I think CC carries both of these so it's worth auditioning and choosing what you like. Just out of curiousity, why only these two? Have you auditioned and narrowed your selection down to Polk and BA?

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
no, im not set, i just thought that they sounded like a good deal esp. at a big box store. I dont want to spend a whole lot of money, but still sound really good, im no audiophile. 99.9% used mor movies on my ps3 and hd dvd player and games

thnx

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
i did listen to them both, i really liked the BA s they seemed to have a very "crisp" sound to me

didnt know if i should spend my money on one of the internet only speaker companies

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
They're both fine choices. But everyone on this forum will tell you the same thing. Get out and audition as many speakers as possible. Don't fret about ordering from reputable internet-only outfits like Axiom, Ascend, HSU, etc... Many of them have excellent products and friendly return policies so you can try speakers out in your home.

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
yeah, i was just i guess wondering about peoples opionions, i would say that i like the "bright" type speakers though

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
If you like forward speakers, then here are a few to start with:

-Klipsch: One of the brightest out there. I find them harsh, but others love them.
-Axiom: Neutral to bright. Great speakers but do cost a bit.
-Bostons: Neutral to bright. Very good deals at CC and Onecall right now for BA's.

All of these sound different and none are considered laid back speakers. There are others, but that's a start. For a sub, HSU or SVS are your best bets.

J

jbost002

Audioholic Intern
Just got in my BA67 factory remans from OneCall...let me tell you this man, I am blown away at the incredible sound from these. I'm no audiophile, and I haven't listened to a LOT of speakers but they are such an improvement over my previous system that I am sure these things are worth twice what I paid for them. So clear...it was like going from the Apple iPod headphones to my Shure headphones...world of difference. New sounds you've never heard in your favorite music. And this is all without having my new receiver or new center channel!

Point is...you can get these speakers now from OneCall for $100.00, including three day FedEx (mine came in 2!!). It's such a great deal - these are incredible speakers for the cost. IMHO, go for it! You won't be disappointed. Especially if you have already heard them and like them.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
BA is one of my favorite speaker brands. I hope they don't screw things up while "re-inventing" themselves. What speakers did you have before jbost002?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hard to beat a deal like that!

Just got in my BA67 factory remans from OneCall...let me tell you this man, I am blown away at the incredible sound from these. I'm no audiophile, and I haven't listened to a LOT of speakers but they are such an improvement over my previous system that I am sure these things are worth twice what I paid for them. So clear...it was like going from the Apple iPod headphones to my Shure headphones...world of difference. New sounds you've never heard in your favorite music. And this is all without having my new receiver or new center channel!

Point is...you can get these speakers now from OneCall for $100.00, including three day FedEx (mine came in 2!!). It's such a great deal - these are incredible speakers for the cost. IMHO, go for it! You won't be disappointed. Especially if you have already heard them and like them.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I had a pair of the CR's some time back. An earlier model, not sure which. They were amazing and performed way above their pricepoint. Solid. Heavy. The binding posts were solid and could really be gromped down on. The sound was excellent.

J

jbost002

Audioholic Intern
Couldn't agree more. I actually had a Sony HTIB, very cheap one, from about three years ago. Yeah, it sucks. I actually thought it was decent for a long time, as it gave me surround sound. :rolleyes:

I always thought it sounded crappy because of the receiver...never really realized that speakers played such a huge role...until I came onto here. So glad I researched out the BAs. They are fantastic. I also got a VR10 coming in a few days. I found one on Craigslist and convince the seller to ship it to me. :)
I gave him extra cash incentive...only $100 total for that too!

From what I've heard, this is one of the best center speakers out there for it's price point too...I am very excited about it! I hope you love whatever you decide on as much I do mine!

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
well i ended up getting 4 boston cr67 s and a vrc center, when the guy at circuit city looked up the vrc he said it came up at 200 even, so i snatched it before they figured out they screwed up and got each pair of the cr67 s for 100 each, love the sound of them, now just need to pick out a good bang for the buck sub ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis