furrycute

furrycute

Banned
The other day I was at a B&W dealer, heard a pair of Nautilus 802's being powered by a pair of really huge Musical Fidelity mono amps and preamp. The sound was absolutely jaw dropping. I ended up spending almost an hour in the listening room. I just said to myself, WOW!

The sound was full, rich, deep, natural, just the way music should sound. By comparison the speakers I have heard before were somewhat artificial, either too edgy in the highs or too much rumbling in the lows.

One of these days when I have real money, I'm going to get a pair of these. Heck I may even step up to a pair of Nautilus 800's. :p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what about the diamond series? people say the nautilus 802 is quite different to the new 802D

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I bet! That's what Alan Parsons uses for monitors in his studio. Abbey Road uses the newer 800Ds.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Since I knew I didn't have the money when I was going into the dealership, I just picked out the best speaker I could find to audition.;)

I wanted to hear the best, and in that dealership the 802's were top of the line. They didn't carry the 801 and the 800.

I didn't audition the diamond series or the matrix series. I just fell in love with the Nautilus 802. Some more notes about the 802 sound quality, it produces music with authority, the likes of which I have never heard before from the other speakers. You can push up the volume on the 802's, the sound would not break up, unlike the cheaper speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis