JaBear

JaBear

Junior Audioholic
I think you mean the MM-1, I think that the apple store would have them on display. They have gotten pretty good reviews, but $500 for some computer speakers to play music that is most likely going to be of lower quality unless you have lossless music on your PC. For the money I think the Klipsch 2.1 promedia is a great value for around 150. The speakers are small, but you do also have a pretty decent sub to a nice full sound. The L/R are nice and small, however it goes down hill from there...lots of wires no matter how much wire management I do I the thing they always look like its a mess it also can't function without the subwoofer either so it's not very portable and if you have no room on the ground it can be a pain. For me not really a huge issue since I no longer have a tower went with a mac mini and hide it in my keyboard tray and the sub fit nicely where the tower used to be. Hope this was of some help.

JaBear

JaBear

Junior Audioholic
IF you did mean the M-1, the do need to be run thought an amp, they were on display at my local Magnolia store at Best Buy. They were really heavy, for a speaker of that size they weighted a lot more than I would have ever thought. They had a really nice highs but did come off as a bit bright but not as bad as the def tech pro1000. They had a decent mid range for how small they were but run with a subwoofer it sounded pretty good. That said I also did take a listen to the motion 4s from Martin Logan and the clarity was tremendously better, it however really lacked in the mids, but once again run with a good subwoofer it sounded great. The sub I demoed was the B&W 8" 608.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm well aware they need to be powered with an amp, it ain't my first rodeo :p

I just wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with them. Any other thoughts on them?

dkane360

dkane360

So after your comment about the Motion 4's I took a good hard look at them. I'm not too fond of their look. Kind of plasticky and cheap looking. However I saw that ML unveiled their Motion LX series which will be released this summer. They look very nice, although a lot more money than I wanted to spend.

http://www.martinlogan.com/news/pr/2011/01/06/motionlx

T

Tyreman

Audioholic Intern
I spent a couple hours listening to those with a B&W sub.

Sounded okay.
I had to play with the dealers setup a bit as they were askew in the listening room.
Around 200-250cdn

dkane360

dkane360

These do look interesting - I hope that they have something here.
The plastic Motion is not for me.
Yea they do look like they could be a serious bookshelf contender in their price range. They just need to be a little cheaper for me to consider them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis