B&W LCR center channel speaker question

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
I have right now CC3 center channel with DM302 for my Left & rights. I'm thinking of going up to the B&W603 series floor standing speakers with the mactching center channel speaker. My question was the B&W LCR speaker will provide Left/center/right sound correct?? and the floorstanding I could use for the surrounds? I was also wanting to know if you have to connect the LCR differently then the basic center channel speaker? and how would the surround system be able to send the right sounds at the same time being that it is only one speaker? Then my other question is if I buy the 603 floorstanding speakers vs the 603 bookshelf whats the real difference between the two, and would it make a difference being that it would be for surrounds? I was also kicking around just doing the LCR as just the center the 603 for fronts and the 302 for surrounds? Please give me all the input you can, thanks dan

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
some comments on the 600 series three

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9208

Page 2 may have the most relevant information.

I believe that the 603's as fronts, one of the LCRs as the center, and the 302 as surround would make an excellent HT setup. I'll admit that I haven't heard the 302s so I don't know how well timber matched they are to the 600 series, and thus cannot comment on how well they would integrate for seamless multichannel music playback.

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
Thanks, I guess I'm still woundering does the LCR do all three at the same time (left/center/right)? and their is not need to do three speakers(seperate left/center/right) do you see what I mean?? Thanks

D

dimes

Enthusiast
hrtbeat2 said:
Thanks, I guess I'm still woundering does the LCR do all three at the same time (left/center/right)? and their is not need to do three speakers(seperate left/center/right) do you see what I mean?? Thanks
lcr only indicates potential usage. you would need 3 different lcr speakers for main channel and center channel usage.

M

mdjohnson1

Audiophyte
B&W 603's in HT

Dan,

I have just purchased the 603's for right and left as well as one LCR60 for the center channel (previous poster explained that LCR means either L, C, or R, but not all). I also moved to a small sub (wife) ... the B&W ASW300. My plan is to get dipole surrounds later (I know B&W offers dipole surrounds, just can't remember which they are). First, my room is small (12 x 18 x 8) with hardwood floors which makes the ASW300 a great fit. Second, I use the system as much for music as movies (Pioneer Elite 54 receiver), so I wanted an HT system that could handle music as well.

You really can't go wrong with the 603's for fronts ... for music, they produce a very clean, articulate, well defined sound. I feel they need a bit more bass for some music and for movies, but a large sub would be overkill unless you have a very large or sound absorbing room (ASW300 is a great compliment). The 603's handle movies easily. The LCR 60 is a great center channel ... but wouldn't have satisfied my music requirements for fronts. I like the B&W sound for music without a doubt and the 603's are fantastic.

Highly recommend an HT system with 603's in the front.

Also considered: B&W 704, B&W CM4, DefTech Mythos1, DefTech BP7002, PSB's

hrtbeat2 said:
I have right now CC3 center channel with DM302 for my Left & rights. I'm thinking of going up to the B&W603 series floor standing speakers with the mactching center channel speaker. My question was the B&W LCR speaker will provide Left/center/right sound correct?? and the floorstanding I could use for the surrounds? I was also wanting to know if you have to connect the LCR differently then the basic center channel speaker? and how would the surround system be able to send the right sounds at the same time being that it is only one speaker? Then my other question is if I buy the 603 floorstanding speakers vs the 603 bookshelf whats the real difference between the two, and would it make a difference being that it would be for surrounds? I was also kicking around just doing the LCR as just the center the 603 for fronts and the 302 for surrounds? Please give me all the input you can, thanks dan

annunaki

annunaki

As stated earlier, the LCR60 and LCR600 from B&W's 600 series 3, are for Left, Center or Right speakers applications. The LCR connotation, means that one speaker can be used for each of those positions. It does NOT mean that one speaker handles all of those applications at the same time. In using a system with the LCR600's for instance, one would use Three (3) LCR 600's. One for the Left channel, one for the Center channel and one for the Right channel. Two DS6 could then be used for rear channel duties.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis