D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
Gotta love this guy!!!
And yet, a few posts later, that dealer that wasn't a dealer is now listed on the B&W web site as an official dealer...

I know very well how warranty works.
I bought speakers from official bw dealer listed on bw website, not grey. And I know how grey works as I started to work in grey at the early 90th. I see that everyone tries to teach me here how businesses work. Stop. I know that better of majority of you.

I am going to make good use of ignore function. I know how that works.

Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
I tell you, this has made excellent toilet reading!!!;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I got tired of reading the thread, so if this was brought up I was not aware.

It's possible OP's speakers were not genuine Bower & Wilkins products in the first place. Since he said that the business that sold them to him was not an authorized dealer this is entirely possible that the product was spurious. If nothing else it would explain the failure of the tweeters under normal use.

J

justthinking

Audiophyte
Couldn't help but had to register so I can reply..

I think the reason OP's b&w and hk receivers turn into crap is because they have been used by someone who is also a piece of crap...

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I don't understand why other members are lodging personal attacks against the OP because he doesn't like B&W speakers, unless someone here has stock or shares in B&W, Inc.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I don't understand why other members are lodging personal attacks against the OP because he doesn't like B&W speakers, unless someone here has stock or shares in B&W, Inc.
Perhaps the OP deserved it. Not because he attacked anyone personally, rather he disrespected a whole nation (or empire?) of good people. Evidenced in Post #8 as he closed with this:

<snip> Bw are pure f-ng bustards, because they are British. I was a dealer of two British producers, I quit both.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Perhaps the OP deserved it. Not because he attacked anyone personally, rather he disrespected a whole nation (or empire?) of good people. Evidenced in Post #8 as he closed with this:
Did he attack B&W or an actual nation people? Something tells me that if he would have uttered those same words against Bose very few here would have a problem. The OP attacked a company, a profit making company, that probably doesn't care what he or even their Fanboys think. I did read where he posted anything negative about other member families or friends, which in my opinion, is the only thing he could do to justify the type of personal attacks the OP received.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Did he attack B&W or an actual nation people? Something tells me that if he would have uttered those same words against Bose no one have a problem.
There is plenty of B&W bashing everywhere, so I don't think it is about B&W.

If the OP had just said that he didn't like the sound of B&W speakers and left it at that, nobody would have said anything to refute. Everyone has different preferences. There are plenty of people here who don't like B&W other than the Diamond series.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
There is plenty of B&W bashing everywhere, so I don't think it is about B&W.

If the OP had just said that he didn't like the sound of B&W speakers and left it at that, nobody would have said anything to refute. Everyone has different preferences. There are plenty of people here who don't like B&W other than the Diamond series.
I think he was mostly attacking their business practice or the experience he had with them. That's usually all it takes to get a customer riled up at you.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not a B&W hater. I simply don't care for the "tweeter on top" ice cream cone design. I wouldn't bash them for that, but just not buy almost any them. They sound great, and the 800D3 are incredible though and might if I had the funds.

J

justthinking

Audiophyte
His story just doesn't add up and he is not giving any details to support his story not to mention his attitude toward other members is simply rude

If you read post #1, he claims to bought a pair of the DM604 some 20 yrs ago and for the past 18 yrs or so he has been stuck with them with broken tweeters which he STILL NOT ABLE TO REPLACE..

You would think in this day and age, if he really want to have those tweeters replaced, with resources like ebay around, he would have already done so by now

He later claimed that his Harmon Kardon receiver also is crap, again, without any substance to support this allegation..

I think most members simply treat him as a troll and replies were just trolling with him...

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Probably just another case (among millions) of "failure to communicate", as Cool-hand Luke would say. :D

D

Defcon

Audioholic
I'd give the benefit of doubt to the OP, frankly I don't like how on many internet forums its considered ok to make fun of someone new who doesn't conform.

He is allowed to speak his mind and express his opinion without being insulted. It sounds like he does have a legitimate complaint about B&W service.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'd give the benefit of doubt to the OP, frankly I don't like how on many internet forums its considered ok to make fun of someone new who doesn't conform.

He is allowed to speak his mind and express his opinion without being insulted. It sounds like he does have a legitimate complaint about B&W service.
He does deserve the treatment he got. He bought "Grey Market" stock and we can't be sure he has genuine B & W speakers.

His posts are ludicrous, and he deserved all the opproprium he received. Simply put the guy is an irritating twerp, and not the sort of member to encourage to post on these forums.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
He bought "Grey Market" stock
That's the point. He chose a process that circumvents protection for both the business and customer, then enthusiastically vilifies the business for not helping him. When this is pointed out, he doubles down on the company, and more especially the British.

I think it was his eagerness to ignore his own mistakes and become quite vicious toward a reputable company and a whole country that spurred us into ridicule.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis