B&W 685's, Bright Sounding.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
If you want to correct your brightness problem, I have the answer.

Don't worry about speaker breakin.
Don't worry about curtains (room treatments).
Don't worry about placement.
Don't worry about the equalizer.
Don't worry about the wire.
Don't worry about the recordings.

Purchase a pair of these and listen for a while. Then go back to the B&W's. Problem solved. :D

Well, no speakers can overcome some of your recommendations, just not possible. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Thanks. Will have a play around tonight. Working with the 600 and 1k takes the harshness away and alot more listenable. I have been told to get rid of the QED stuff and use the Van Damme 2x2.5mm UPOFC Studio Grade Blue Series cable. Somebody had the same problem but with the B&W 602 S3s and helped it alot with that cable. Any thoughts?

Luke
Well, that somebody who suggested a cable change should be IGNORED for ever as he knows nothing, or even less about audio and most likely anything else, for that matter.:D
By the way, where is that QED cable used, interconnect or speakers? How expensive was it?

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, that somebody who suggested a cable change should be IGNORED for ever as he knows nothing, or even less about audio and most likely anything else, for that matter.:D
By the way, where is that QED cable used, interconnect or speakers? How expensive was it?
Oh come on now, if the 'Van Damme 2x2.5mm UPOFC Studio Grade Blue Series cable' has insanely high inductance, the brightness problem would be solved! :p :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Whatever you can find that is cheap. Home depot 14awg or order some from monoprice or Parts express. Rat Shack has some cheap stuff too.

Hi. What speaker cable do you recommend?.

Luke

annunaki

annunaki

Whatever you can find that is cheap. Home depot 14awg or order some from monoprice or Parts express. Rat Shack has some cheap stuff too.
I wopuld say any large gauge (14 ga. or so) copper speaker wire should be fine.

Just because a wire is cheap does not mean it will fix the problem. ;)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
If you want to correct your brightness problem, I have the answer.

Don't worry about speaker breakin.
Don't worry about curtains (room treatments).
Don't worry about placement.
Don't worry about the equalizer.
Don't worry about the wire.
Don't worry about the recordings.

Purchase a pair of these and listen for a while. Then go back to the B&W's. Problem solved. :D

It hurts my ears just looking at that picture! (Insert Dave's emoticon!)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hi. What speaker cable do you recommend?.
Luke
Hi. As was suggested, but before you dump yours, about 16ga from what I gathered at their web site, how long are your cables as that may matter not to dump yours or buy fatter cables:D After all, you do have cables now that you have invested $$ and it may be fine.

P

PLuKE

Audioholic Intern
Hi. The cable is 2 metres each side. Its no bi-wire Silver Anni just the normal Anni. Am not using the Airlocs either.

Luke

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hi. The cable is 2 metres each side. Its no bi-wire Silver Anni just the normal Anni. Am not using the Airlocs either.

Luke
You are fine with those cables, not to worry. But, when you need more for other speakers, buy what was suggested and there is nothing wrong with mixing.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Klipsch

Yeah, the Klipsch RB series bookshelves were rated above the B & W 600 series in Consumer Report a couple of years back, they were rated as more accurate as I recall....they might also solve a problem with a smaller amp as much more effiicient....so that is a good suggestion....

annunaki

annunaki

Most on here would not find Consumer reports a reliable source for recommendations. Especially considering they rated Bose 901's the top speaker for many many years. They tend to rank the biggest advertiser first.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
CR also have a flawed approach in testing speakers

Most on here would not find Consumer reports a reliable source for recommendations. Especially considering they rated Bose 901's the top speaker for many many years. They tend to rank the biggest advertiser first.
from what I've read over a year ago

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

...They tend to rank the biggest advertiser first.
Do you by chance read CR? Can you guide me to ANY advertisers, all the way back to their 1st issue, in their magazine, let alone Bose? I bet not.:D Unless you are thinking of another magazine, not the one from Consumers Union that has CR.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis