zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Hello all..........been awhile.

I haven't had the time (nor the money) to a lot with my system for a while but just recently was able to pickup a B&K ref 50 (not S2) for $180 (sans remote) locally. It's in fabulous condition & I've been hoping to find one to pair with my 7250-II amp instead of using my Yamaha RX-V3300 as a prepro.

Odd issue though............after getting it hooked up it doesn't seem to recognize the audio signal from my FIOS stb. I have an older Mitsu. dvd/cd player (circa 2005) & it works fine with that (definite improvement in sound over the yammy). I tried both the toslink & coax connects from the fios stb......nothing. I checked the settings on the 50 to verify that the inputs were assigned as should be & they are. So I started isolating by moving the dvd cable around to all the other inputs on the 50 to verify they were working..........check. I tried resetting the fios stb a couple times thinking it may have glitched but no go. I hooked the fios back up to the yammy & it still works (I could see light in the toslink cable but just in case). The 50 seems to be working fine, as I played a dvd & it immediately switched to DD when the movie started, but it just isn't recognizing the digital signal from the fios.......just defaults to PLII & no sound.

So I'm at a loss here.........I hooked up the red/white analogs from the fios box & it works so I could probably live with that, but I'm baffled. I tried googling issues with the 50 & the fios stb but didn't come up with anything other than it appears the ref 30's had some firmware issues.

Anyone seen or heard of a similar issue?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis