Axiom M3ti vs. Paradigm MiniMonitors

G

GeneticDrift

Audioholic Intern
I currently have the M3's but the 30 days is drawing near. I have read the Mini's are a phenomenal speaker. If you have heard both can you offer some input as to which is better and what are the strong points of the two.

Thanks in advance.

D

dloweman

Audioholic
gdrift,
what receiver do you have? the paradigms match better with yammie, denon, nad, rotel while the ma's tend to sound better with elite, hk, marantz. I have paradigm monitor 7's and love them, but i haven;t heard the ma's so can't comment on these, have to go by which you prefer most, and which match best with your receiver
derek

G

GeneticDrift

Audioholic Intern
dloweman said:
gdrift,
what receiver do you have?

Harmon Kardon AVR 230
Axiom M60's Mains
Axiom M3ti's Surrounds
Paradigm CC-370 Center
Infinity PS-12 sub (I am upgrading this within the next 2 weeks)

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
The Axiom bookshelf is not really such a great speaker. The cabinet construction is average at best. Sound quality wise, I prefer the sound of NHT's, Boston Acoustics, Klipsch's, etc. by far.

D

dloweman

Audioholic
gdrift,
while i have never heard an hk receiver, i have heard they are warm, which isn't the best for paradigm, that being said, if you have the cc370 as the center, then it is best to get the minimonitors so that you have timber matched speakers at the front, will sound alot better if they are all from the same company, maybe think about getting something like the titans or atoms to use as rears so that they all match, or another pair of minimonitors if you can afford it, just a suggestion. You would have to listen to the hk and paradigms to see if it is to your liking, both are great products, and maybe you will like the combo.
derek

G

GeneticDrift

Audioholic Intern
UPDATE:

i got the paradigm mini monitors and let me tell you..............there is absolutely no comparison, the paradigms sound incredible!

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
Why not throw the Axioms in the car and take them to the Paradigm shop so you can A/B them? It's not like they are huge floorstanders. I for one would be interested in reading your comparison.

G

GeneticDrift

Audioholic Intern
i A/B'd them here in my own home. again there is no comparison. the paradigm is in a totally different league.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis