AVR 2807 Speaker Connections

T

tes918

Enthusiast
What is the best speaker connection for maximum sound:
Speakers: Orb Fronts, Orb Center, Orb subwoofer, In-ceiling surround, In-ceiling surround back (all Polks) for movies.

Speakers: all Polks, in-ceiling kitchen, in-ceiling bedroom(with volume control), pair of Polk Patios (with volume control). These speakers for music.

The movie connections are obvious but what is the best way to connect the kitchen, bedroom and patios using the AVR2807. I would be using the XM radio and the CD/DVD music capability of the AVR 2807.

Tom

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
you might want to rethink, or at least clarify, your question a little.

Offhand, I'd say use the same as the "movie" connections. but, then again, I don't know what the back of that unit looks like. They should all be the same.

Are there two different types of "speaker connections" you might be referring to? If so, can you describe them? You're not thinbking of line level outputs, are you? These need additional amplification.

how many speaker connections are there on the unit?

how many speakers are you planning on hooking up? You do know you can't hook up an unlimited number of speakers without additional hardware, don't you?

Last edited:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
My interpretation of the question is how to connect all of those speakers to one receiver and by 'movie connections' he means the 7.1 speakers.

Connect all of those to the front, center, surround, and surround back speaker terminals for watching movies in the main room.

The other three sets of speakers can be tied together and run off of Zone 2 of the receiver but there is a catch. If you want the receiver to power them then you have to give up the surround rear speakers in the main room because the speakers for zone 2 need to be connected to the surround back speaker terminals. When playing zone 2 all three sets of speakers will play the same source and the main room will be limited to 5.1.

Alternatively you can buy an external amp for zone 2 and connect the 3 sets of speakers to it. Doing it that way you retain 7.1 in the main zone but now have to control the amp separately from the receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis