AV123 UFW12 SUB Modified Seaton Sound

S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
how does a beautiful cabinet with a serious 12" driver and 1000Watts of power and will give you low teens in room for $500sound?

Finish is Madagascar Ebony with Piano Black top and bottom caps

12" driver 3" voice coil 50 mm vented pole piece Multi-layer Kevlar impregnated honeycomb cone for extreme rigidity Hand-stitched Santopren Rubber surround. Dual mirrored spiders with opposing silver plated cadmium copper tinsel leads

UFW-12 sub cabinets built by Sound Art China for AV123 years ago. These are the good cabinets without all the veneer problems that plagued av123 after they moved production from SAC.

Amp is brand new and has been customized by Motor City Custom Audio and Seaton Sound. The new amp has had the limiter adjusted and EQ that results in this amp playing down to 23hz and with room gain should get you to the low teens in all but the most open rooms.

You can pound on this thing and it will make no funny noises!! unlike what av123 sold originally.

As you can see from the graphs it(red) kicks the snot out of the original ufw-12(green) from av123.

I have the original box for shipping and can deliver in a reasonable radius from Detroit Mi.

I would really like to get $500 out of it but will entertain reasonable offers

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dcc1433

Audiophyte
Beautiful, I would love it but too far away and it's a beast! I have the same sub but the hot rod version, and it crapped out in about a week. Looking for a new amp replacement as it has the HR driver. Any idea where to get? Not that Dayton garbage.

Thanks!! New member here

Atlanta area

S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
DCC

Shipping to you wouldn't be that bad.

The original amp is basically a Dayton with some really bad customization done by av123. the HR amp was not a Dayton and almost every one has crapped out at this point.

I have not had a single Dayton plate amp fail and with the work I do to it it sounds amazing!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
It's a nice looking sub. Also nice that it's been worked on by Seaton. Good luck with your sale :D

M

Mark Seaton

Junior Audioholic
Beautiful, I would love it but too far away and it's a beast! I have the same sub but the hot rod version, and it crapped out in about a week. Looking for a new amp replacement as it has the HR driver. Any idea where to get? Not that Dayton garbage.

Thanks!! New member here

Atlanta area
Hi dcc,

I'm not sure if you ever caught up with Kevin about your need for an amp, but Kevin & I had worked up a separate set of modifications to the the SPA-1000 amplifier to use with the HR driver, not just for original UFW-12 driver. If you still have the originally shipped amp and it functions, it can be modified by Kevin, or you can directly get a new, modified amp from Kevin. The modifications make that a great sounding sub with much more capability and smoother response than the original and even the more compact Rumba 12 from Simply Sound that Jim Wilson reviewed which used less power in a smaller box.

N

naimbeg

Audiophyte
Is this the original driver supplied by AV123?
I have another UFW-12 that I need to get the amp upgraded on. Really wish this was the Rosewood. Still thinking about it.

Also, what was done on the amp by Seaton Sound vs done by Motor City?
If I got my amp upgraded, would it match this one?

S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
This is the ORIGINAL 12" Driver that is very very nice.

Motor City worked with Mark at Seaton Sound to develop the mods for it. Seaton doesnt actually do any of the Mods out of his shop, its all done through Motor City.

Yes if you sent your amp in to be modified it would match exactly the sub for sale.

Is this the original driver supplied by AV123?
I have another UFW-12 that I need to get the amp upgraded on. Really wish this was the Rosewood. Still thinking about it.

Also, what was done on the amp by Seaton Sound vs done by Motor City?
If I got my amp upgraded, would it match this one?

N

naimbeg

Audiophyte
Do you know approximately how much shipping would be to 53092 (I am in Milwaukee, Wi).

Nachmanowicz

Nachmanowicz

Enthusiast
Hey I just realized, I'll be in Detroit's airport, could you hand it over to me there?

S

sandbagger

Audioholic Intern
Sure, but it wont fit in your carry on bag :eek:
Send me a PM and we can go from there

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis