AV receiver with preamplifier outputs

H

HarveyNewell

Audiophyte
I have a pair of Klipsch Fortes powered by an Adcom GFA 535. I'd like to use them as the primary front channel speakers in my man cave. I'm looking for an affordable AV receiver with preamp outputs that I can run to the Adcom. Since the receiver will only be driving the center and surround channels (I have a powered sub), I don't need that much power. What I do want is quality audio and surround decoding. Any recommendations?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I have a pair of Klipsch Fortes powered by an Adcom GFA 535. I'd like to use them as the primary front channel speakers in my man cave. I'm looking for an affordable AV receiver with preamp outputs that I can run to the Adcom. Since the receiver will only be driving the center and surround channels (I have a powered sub),I don't need that much power. What I do want is quality audio and surround decoding. Any recommendations?
Your question has similar answers to another thread titled Amp Selector. Scroll down and see some of the answers that were posted.

Your speakers are on the sensitive side, rated by Klipsch at 98 dB/watt/meter. Klipsch is somewhat infamous for exaggerating on their speaker's sensitivity, but they are still among the more sensitive home audio speakers around. I understand that you may like using that Adcom amp, but you probably don't need it to drive your Fortes.

AVRs are marketed so that none of the lower powered models include preamp outputs that allow using an external amp. The least expensive model I know of is the Denon AVR-X3400H, that offers preamp out put jacks for all seven channels. If anyone knows of a less expensive AVR that offers this for at least the front left & right channels, please post it

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Your question has similar answers to another thread titled Amp Selector. Scroll down and see some of the answers that were posted.

Your speakers are on the sensitive side, rated by Klipsch at 98 dB/watt/meter. Klipsch is somewhat infamous for exaggerating on their speaker's sensitivity, but they are still among the more sensitive home audio speakers around. I understand that you may like using that Adcom amp, but you probably don't need it to drive your Fortes.

AVRs are marketed so that none of the lower powered models include preamp outputs that allow using an external amp. The least expensive model I know of is the Denon AVR-X3400H, that offers preamp out put jacks for all seven channels. If anyone knows of a less expensive AVR that offers this for at least the front left & right channels, please post it
It's worth noting their sensitivity ratings are based on a model of a real room vs anechoic. If you want an anechoic number you can shave off about 4dB from their given rating, but then again, that anechoic number isn't an accurate representation of how it performs in a room with reflective walls, since we don't use our speakers at full space.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis