AV Receiver as Preamp for B&W speaker setup

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
Hi All,

Great forum and Great youtube channel. Let me start by giving the items i know so far will go in my theater room.

Theater Room dimensions: 19*22*10, 7.2 channel pre-wired, subwoofer prewiring is to the front corners of the room(can ask my builder to change the placement of prewire if required). Will connect my home server to av receiver/preamp.

(1) Center Channel: B&W CMC S2
(2) Left and Right Channel: B&W CM9 S2
(3) Sides and Rear: B&W Satellite speakers or EMP R55Ti Tower Speaker
(4) Sub woofer: SVS PB 2000 (2)
(5) Screen: Elite 120" Cinegrey 5d ambient light rejecting
(6) Projector: Panasonic AT8000
(7) Amplifier : Either Outlaw 7125 or 7700 or Emotiva XPA-7

Looking for av receiver recommendations that is compatible with the amplifiers(outlaw 7125,outlaw 7700 , emotiva xpa-1) ??

What i am looking for in av receiver
(1) Should be able to connect to my xbox
(2) Should have ethernet functionality
(3) Should have mobile application either ios or andriod
(4) Should be extendable to mutli zone.
(5) Should have hdcp 2.2 and hdmi 2.0
(6) Should have 1 or 2 coaxial inputs.(I am big fan of cord cutting, will connect my tv antenna to receiver to watch my regular tv in home theater)
(7) 4K upscaling is good to have
(8) Not interested in Rhapsody, spotify and whatever they have :(
(9) Not interested in Atmos.

Outlaw 975 processor looks like it does not have network capability + it does not say about hdcp 2.2 or hdmi 2.0 compatibility .

Thanks in advance.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
(6) Should have 1 or 2 coaxial inputs.(I am big fan of cord cutting, will connect my tv antenna to receiver to watch my regular tv in home theater)
If I understand correctly you want to use a receiver as your over the air broadcast television tuner? I'm not aware of a receiver that has this function as it is generally regarded as unnecessary.

The coaxial f-pin input you see (the threaded jack) on the back of these receivers and preamplifiers is for an FM radio antenna, and the coaxial spdif (standard rca connections) are for digital audio.

If you want over the air television broadcast you will likely need and HDTV ATSC stand alone tuner. Otherwise you'll have to get subscription based services.

I hope this helps you to narrow your choices.

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
Thanks Seth, that helps with respective to (6)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Seth, that helps with respective to (6)
Basically once you eliminate that requirement there's an option from just about all of the major players.

Marantz SR-5010, has 7 HDMI inputs, 2 outputs, HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0a, network connectivity (wi-fi & LAN), & Bluetooth built in, full 7.2 preouts and...

Marantz said:
the front panel USB port lets you connect your smartphone or tablet, and is compatible with USB drives and NAS devices.
Just about all the rest of the manufacturers offer similar features at similar prices and above.

I'd not rely on a source of intermediate device to handle the 4k Upscaling. Chances are the 4K scaler in your projector will do a fine job.

edit: (nvm, I see it's a 1080p model, you don't need 4K scaling with that unit at all, but if you upgrade to one that does I'm sure it will do a fine job)

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
How about Oppo BDP 105D bluray player instead of Marantz SR5010 ?, just learnt it has
1) 7.1 pre outs
2) inbuilt DAC to play/stream content from laptop/tablet
3) 1hdmi output to projector and 7.1 analog output at the same time.

Any disadvantages of connecting oppo bdp105d to emotiva xpa-7(amplifier) directly ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis