Audyssey on the AvpA1hd

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
When loading my Audyssey pro cal results to my AVP does it automatically remove the previous results or does it pay to reset the microprocessor. In other words can i just load the new results over the top of the old ones without resetting the machine.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I was always skeptical of loading new measurements over the old one's so i decided to ask the question. I cant remember seeing the answer to this question any where so i ended up contacting Audyssey direct and got my answer. Just for everyone's information the new measurements override the old ones.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Good to know, I guess most of us don't have the luxury to own the pro version.
I don't own the pro kit either. Most likely never will.

When every sound is always mellifluous, why would I bother? :D ;)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I don't own the pro kit either. Most likely never will.

When every sound is always mellifluous, why would I bother? :D ;)
Good thing about the pro kit is that it can give you a better insight into how everything works in terms of achieving a satisfactory result. Before i used the pro kit my knowledge was limited to trusting the auto set up that came with the AVP. I can now edit my results in a different way.I have noticed a huge change in my center speaker and subwoofer, something i was not able to understand how to correct due to lack of my own knowledge before hand.So now i am able to understand how my very own machines work in terms of achieving a certain sound.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Good thing about the pro kit is that it can give you a better insight into how everything works in terms of achieving a satisfactory result. Before i used the pro kit my knowledge was limited to trusting the auto set up that came with the AVP. I can now edit my results in a different way.I have noticed a huge change in my center speaker and subwoofer, something i was not able to understand how to correct due to lack of my own knowledge before hand.So now i am able to understand how my very own machines work in terms of achieving a certain sound.
Did you get the XT32 and Sub EQ HT upgrade?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys

I was thinking about selling my prokit since I am now using MiniDSP for my bass calibration. I also have the original Audyssey XT32 stand alone pre/pro. If anyone wants to buy the kit and/or the probox, PM me. I will sell it super cheap. Just make a reasonable offer. thx.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Did you get the XT32 and Sub EQ HT upgrade?
Yes PENG i did mate, from memory it cost me around 1500.00 but it was well worth it. Denon were great to deal with. I live 6 hours away from the nearest tech, so i teed it up with denon and the tech and drove 6 hours and they did the upgrade straight away and then i drove back home within a 3 hour period.It was like i was treated like royalty as they really looked after me.Great bunch of guys.:)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Guys

I was thinking about selling my prokit since I am now using MiniDSP for my bass calibration. I also have the original Audyssey XT32 stand alone pre/pro. If anyone wants to buy the kit and/or the probox, PM me. I will sell it super cheap. Just make a reasonable offer. thx.
How does the MiniDSP work Gene and what is the difference.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
How does the MiniDSP work Gene and what is the difference.
It's all manual PEQ and digital delay and xover function for each sub. Not auto so it takes some know how to use.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis