Audioquest Strikes again!

I'd like to go back and see if his previous (pre-AudioQuest) review of his system components were described as "lethargic, non-involving musical reproduction" with "weird, slightly bloated sound".

In fact, I bet that Cambridge Audio, Marantz, Michael Yee, AudioResearch and Canton Audio, and Arum Cantus would be very surprised to hear this indeed.

That's the problem with almost all cable reviews. They are a) always beneficial, and b) just about always insult the equipment that was previously "raved" about in prior reviews. Suddenly, this magically delicious gear sounds lifeless.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
$975 for a pair of speaker cables and interconnects. Not that bad compared to what some are, but is a less than a thousand dollar scam less of a bad thing than ten times that?

I'm surprised the guy I know that spends huge bucks for cables hasn't tried them...oh yeah, they don't cost enough!

majorloser

majorloser

Wow

So if I spend a $1,000 on cables for my Canton towers it'll make a Willie Nelson CD sound good? :rolleyes:

They must be amazing if they can make anything from Willie Nelson sound good.

(Granted, if the German engineers from Canton find out that somebody was evaluating their speakers with a Willie Nelson CD it will probably trigger WW3..........I can here the panzers rolling now)

porziob

Audioholic Intern
98 to 99% of cable cos. dont own a single piece of test equipment & even fewer own manufacturing facilities. The operative expertise is supplied by the copywriters touting snakeoil. Audioquest is a particular joke with an endless product line & a new model every minute touting the "BENEFITS" of increasing the voltage to "goose the dielectric". This has as much scientific grounding as a Santaria ritual. The only ingredient gullible audiophiles are missing is the chicken blood.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I use AQ and I like their stuff - well constructed and does a good job sound wise. I don't pay retail for them however...because their MSRP prices are a bit ridiculous. I use their lower stuff, and I've been quite pleased with it so far. I have listened to the higher stuff as well as the Synergistic Research DC biased cables and I can't say they made me feel like I was there any more than the cheaper ones do.

A

Ampdog

Audioholic
Audioquest

New on this site; (50+years in audio as EE) - greetings all.

Im just wondering: Perhaps one should try Audioquest without any amplifiers or other equipment in between "interfering" with the etherial claims. Might sound still better then!

Regards

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Maybe if you stick them in your ears the "etherials" will somehow connect directly to your ears and you will be one with the music..

I'm surprised one of the cable companies hasn't tried an ad campaign like that, except as a joke, like "Well, the Audioquest 3-500Z's won't work like that, but connected to your home theatre, they will make whatever you listen to sound better...etc. :rolleyes:

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
The little...

...retro-style cartoon character at the end of the article says it all:

Fat...dumb...and happy!

jimHJJ(...unencumbered by the facts...)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis