lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Honestly @ 5% they are doing people a favor. Seriously.
LOL I suppose. Still, a $ 610 fee to try Audioquest's most expensive speaker cables ($12,200) on that site (plus shipping) is an expensive lesson in audiophilia.

jinjuku

jinjuku

LOL I suppose. Still, a $ 610 fee to try Audioquest's most expensive speaker cables ($12,200) on that site (plus shipping) is an expensive lesson in audiophilia.
If you are the consumer with $12K for just a cable then $610 here or there is nothing to try them out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you are the consumer with $12K for just a cable then $610 here or there is nothing to try them out.
Then again if you throw that kind of money at things like cables you'd probably just ask what's the most expensive and simply buy it, why bother "testing"?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Noise and interference can be picked up by interconnects but not in the amplifier to speaker cable.
While it's unlikely, it can occasionally happen. Jim Brown the go-to EMI-RFI expert often writes about how interference can sneak in through the speaker terminals, then thru the feed-back loop to the input stages.

However, I agree that ringing or oscillation might originate in an unstable amplifier connected to a high capacitance cable.
Cyril Bateman has written about how reasonable amplifiers thru reasonable cables to reasonable loudspeakers may ring or oscillate at radio frequencies.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
New Monoprice cables with just the right amount of Voodoo to keep the hobby fun while leaving your wallet intact: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=18534
Hmmmm....
  • Patented Cable Technology
    • Two different solid OFC conductor gauges for best Bass and Midrange optimization
    • Flat OFC conductor for superior Midrange reproduction
    • OFC Spiral ribbon conductors provide maximum treble definition without harshness

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Oh no! monoprice has gone over to the dark side!
Or was it an April 1st post?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Is that a photo of anti-cables cable?
It's much worse than the monoprice cable.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like Monoprice suddenly decided to make more money like so many other manufacturers, by coming up with new esoteric RCA interconnects.

A well shielded coax cable, even if it means a stiffer wire, is cheaper to produce. Since it is designed to carry video signals at higher frequencies than audio signals, it is more than good for audio. That is the type of cable which I use and I will never spend a cent for those stupid BS designs.

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
It looks like Monoprice suddenly decided to make more money like so many other manufacturers, by coming up with new esoteric RCA interconnects.

A well shielded coax cable, even if it means a stiffer wire, is cheaper to produce. Since it is designed to carry video signals at higher frequencies than audio signals, it is more than good for audio. That is the type of cable which I use and I will never spend a cent for those stupid BS designs.
Here's an audio RCA 12 ft cable from Monoprice, $5.07.

IMG_1118.JPG

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Anti-cables' site is a hoot!
Wow.... I have never heard of Anti-Cables before but I just spent the past 30 minutes getting thoroughly entertained by their website.

I especially enjoyed this paragraph about their power cables.

Our customers, who are already running third party upgraded power cords as well as power conditioners, are reporting getting better sound, not only by replacing their existing power cords but also by bypassing their power conditioner altogether. The ANTICABLES Power Cords appear to be so good at restricting the flow of noise from the wall outlet, that the power conditioner is not additionally beneficial. And, when the ANTICABLES Power Cord is plugged directly into the wall, it has the ability to do a better job of getting the noise out of the component's own power supply, as well as doing a better job at providing unrestricted power to the unit. In most instances, best sound is achieved with a direct connection to the wall outlet.
http://anticables.com/power-cords#!/Level-3-Reference-Series-Power-Cords/p/14644872/category=3461168

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, just wow. Anticables uses excellent sounding banana plugs. How do these A holes sleep?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They look legit to me. They even have separate home theater and 2 channel speaker wire. And at only $3500 for 2 10' lengths that's a steal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis