Audiophile taken to extremes??

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The phono cables are old Micro cables, Purist's Proteus and the Purist's Dominus. The rest of cables, except the power cords, are also from Purist, mostly Dominus and in a few instance Proteus. There is something in older production of Purist. They are more harmonically-sublime than any other wires.
I LOLed ..... :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
autism + audiophilia = this site. Notice the strange emphasis on quantities. Case in point:
Therefore, from here and on I will be talking about Audio as about a totally isolated domain of human knowledge as it should be. (It is will be true at the first 5 levels until the relationship with audio and musicality reach the last level of the Six-Levels Listening Benefits™).
Also the English is weird throughout the site, but I don't think its a matter of it being a secondary language for the user. Another thing is most dudes who spend this much time, money, and energy on audio usually try to give it a neater and more classy appearance but this guy has seeming no regard for the aesthetics of his system at all. Oh and also he is a software engineer. I'm not trying to slam him or disparage his hobby though, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Systems like that are way over my head. My guess is that this person has nothing better to do with his time and money. Is he really into music or into equipment? Last time I checked, there is a difference.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
See, now that "subwoofer"/doomsday advice is something I can admire. It's crazy, but in a cool way.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It has also been posted here at least 10 times in the last 2 yrs (the bunker subwoofer that is)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
From the website,
DIGITAL Interconnection:
3 x A-DIMENSIONAL Royal Device complete passive SUB-ATOMIC particle accelerators.

SOURCES:
1 x CD player with internal SUBATOMIC particle pre ACCELERATOR on digital SPD-IF output
1 x DVD player with internal Royal Device SUBATOMIC particle pre accelerator on digital SPD-IF output
Next upgrade, Synchrotron System and Beam Splitter from LHC!!!!

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here's one of my favorite 'taken to extremes' systems. Be sure to scroll down and look at the size of those passive crossovers. Looks like art.

Ok, so it's not liking my link...let's try this again. Check this out, it's over the top.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/147715.aspx?PageIndex=1

System setup:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/147715/1520404.aspx#1520404

Here are the crossover networks with a human in the picture for perspective:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/147715/1521298.aspx#1521298

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It has also been posted here at least 10 times in the last 2 yrs (the bunker subwoofer that is)
i've been pretty active in last two years at the least and I have'nt this sub posted 10 times... not even 9 or one for that matter :(

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Then first time I saw words on my screen "world biggest subwoofer", I tought to myself - well, so what - yet another 21" or dual 18" sub... :confused:

You have no idea how wrong I was :eek::eek::eek: !!!!!
IL PIU' GRANDE SUBWOOFER DEL MONDO - by Roberto Delle Curti - Italy

What you looking at is dual horn [STRIKE]subwoofer[/STRIKE]... Doom's Day Device!

Hey. Wait a minute. Is this a for real audiophile system? Or, is this the makings of an imitation pipe organ? Where is the playing console?

Last edited by a moderator:
digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
I haven't been on for nearly that long...

I've been on for much less time, and I can't be sure that I saw it on here or on one of the other forums... but it's definitely been around the block once or twice. (Not that there's anything wrong with that IMO)

As far as the analog setup in the first post... I suppose it sounds great to him and that's all that really matters after all. However, any interconnect that makes a Clydesdale stallion feel "under equipped" is just plain silly.

Those things make me laugh - it's probably close to 3" in diameter... but it still attaches to an standard RCA jack that is probably wired internally with a 18 or 20 gauge wire.... :)

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Crazy systems..that Klipsch setup is really nice..The first one is a messss

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis