Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
LMAO....:D. They're are accusing me of stirring the pot over at the Axiom forum....tsk-tsk, I'm not, but somebody else is...to funny!
years back, i pm'ed alan lloft to get their side of the story on the distortion numbers of the EP600 in the HTS test and asked them if THEY had their own test to refute the HTS test.

he immediately told me i (and other laymen) should not and do not know how to understand objective tests and that i was stirring the pot.

(yes, i was stirring the pot in a pm)

note i told him i was ALREADY an axiom customer from the getgo and that i wanted to understand the product i had (EP500).

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
years back, i pm'ed alan lloft to get their side of the story on the distortion numbers of the EP600 in the HTS test and asked them if THEY had their own test to refute the HTS test.

he immediately told me i (and other laymen) should not and do not know how to understand objective tests and that i was stirring the pot.

(yes, i was stirring the pot in a pm)

note i told him i was ALREADY an axiom customer from the getgo and that i wanted to understand the product i had (EP500).
Mike, I recall reading that thread over at HTS...you even linked some pic's of your ep500...I believe. I really do appreciate your support but I've already received negative rep here for that particular post, so I don't want to beat a dead horse:). I am patiently awaiting the results for Paul's sessions like everyone else but the suspense is killing me.:D

J

jergee

Audiophyte
I am presently in the market for a new sub. Looking forward to the results.

H

H Stevens

Audiophyte
Is the list on the first page the final list of models being tested? If not, can we update the list?

Also, I only see one sealed unit. Is the HSU ULS-15 included? If not, why? It appears to be very popular among enthusiast.

For those readers that are going to use the article as a buying guide, I believe that a good selection of sealed subs should be included.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
These are the subs that were tested/are being tested:

HSU VTF-15H
Rythmik FV15HP
Funkywaves FW12.X SA1000
SVS PB12-Plus
Salk SongSub
RBH Sound SX-12

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Is the list on the first page the final list of models being tested? If not, can we update the list?

Also, I only see one sealed unit. Is the HSU ULS-15 included? If not, why? It appears to be very popular among enthusiast.

For those readers that are going to use the article as a buying guide, I believe that a good selection of sealed subs should be included.
HSU graciously submitted the HSU VTF-15H. It looks to be an exciting new product to hit the subwoofer market.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
besides, the Empire is a dual design and maybe it didn't fit the criteria required for this event in some respect?
It was said that multiple subs wouldn't be tested against singles - subs with dual drivers weren't an issue.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Gene mentioned eariler that all the testing was completed except for that of the RBH sub which was slightly delayed, but that was weeks ago. I feel that any updates or news in this regard would be greatly appreciated by most because were kind of in the dark here and Christmas is rapidly approaching....:D

PS: I hope, I'm not accused of stirring the pot...:p..jk.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Gene mentioned eariler that all the testing was completed except for that of the RBH sub which was slightly delayed, but that was weeks ago. I feel that any updates or news in this regard would be greatly appreciated by most because were kind of in the dark here and Christmas is rapidly approaching....:D

PS: I hope, I'm not accused of stirring the pot...:p..jk.

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
I wish that I would've seen this thread earlier... would have loved to see the ML Descent in the mix.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Update: First article coming

Paul just finished his article on Subwoofer Measurements & CEA Testing. It should post live by Monday of next week.

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
Due to a comment by Rythmik posted over at AVS it seems like the Rythmik did well too. Can't wait. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis