Audioholics Remembers Ray Adkins of RLA Hometheater

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have some sad news to report. One of our long time reviewers and personal friend Ray Adkins (screen name: RLA) passed away last month (May, 12th, 2010). Ray was 47 years old and is survived by his loving wife and son.

Ray had a strong commitment to family and stood behind his convictions, which is why we cherished his involvement with Audioholics since its inception over 10 years ago. Unfortunately he suffered a barrage of health issues that all impacted him at once making it too much for his body to fight off. He surrendered the fight and is now in a place of rest NEVER to be forgotten by those who knew and loved him.

Those of us that knew Ray had high respect for his professional reviews and tech articles. His experience as an installer and a general audio buff was a rare find in this industry.

Here are some of his past articles to remember him by:

Thanks Ray for all of your input on this site, watching and supporting us as we grew from a hobby site to one of the premier A/V websites in the industry and most importantly your friendship through all of the years. Our memories of you are everlasting and your words are forever archived on these pages.

>Click Here< for more information about Ray or to send condolences to his family.

Attachments

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Remembering Ray

I have some sad news to report. One of our long time reviewers and personal friend Ray Adkins passed away last month (May, 12th, 2009). Ray was 47 years old and is survived by his loving wife and son.

Ray had a strong commitment to family and stood behind his convictions, which is why we cherished his involvement with Audioholics since its inception over 10 years ago. Unfortunately he suffered a barrage of health issues that all impacted him at once making it too much for his body to fight off. He surrendered the fight and is now in a place of rest NEVER to be forgotten by those who knew and loved him.

Those of us that knew Ray had high respect for his professional reviews and tech articles. His experience as an installer and a general audio buff was a rare find in this industry.

Here are some of his past articles to remember him by:

Thanks Ray for all of your input on this site, watching and supporting us as we grew from a hobby site to one of the premier A/V websites in the industry and most importantly your friendship through all of the years. Our memories of you are everlasting and your words are forever archived on these pages.

>Click Here< for more information about Ray or to send condolences to his family.
Yes, I remember Ray being a big part of Audioholics, even before it became such a well known audio/video part of the audiophile world. I will always remember him with happiness and trust, as the trust worthy person he was. Rest in peace Ray and our deepest condolences to his family.

Ken

Ken

Audioholics Contributing Writer
My condolences

My sincere sympathies go out to Ray's family and friends. I had the pleasure of meeting Ray a few years ago at one of the Audioholics functions and we had great discussions on DIY and sub woofers. He was so insightful about every topic. He will be missed.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
You may be gone, but you will never be forgotten. May your family find comfort during this hard time, and my God strengthen them when they need him.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
My most sincere condolences to the family. Just a minor nit-pick, you may want to correct the date in the original post (it shows May 12th, 2009)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I did realize I hadn't seen anything from him in what seems like a long time, but it is very sad to hear that he passed. Our thoughts are with his family.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis