Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 or ATH-M50?

Y

yogman10

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to the realm of higher end headphones and would like to see what the audio community thinks about my question:

Which is better, the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 or the Audio Technica ATH-M50?

Which has better bass? Better comfort? Better over-all sound quality?

Also just in general, how is the bass on these two headphones? I listen to a fair amount of dubstep and bass intensive songs.

For either of these headphones, I'll be using it primarily with my phone (Galaxy S3), but I will sometimes use it with my Asus XONAR DX sound card.

So, which one do you think will be better for my uses? Comfort and bass are the big categories for me, but also general sound performance in movies and games is also a plus.

Thank you so much!

-- Yogman10

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
[h=2]ATH-M50 Is plenty of what you are looking for. Never tried the ATH-PRO700MK2.[/h]

jinjuku

jinjuku

Love my ATH-M50. Reasonable price, great performance, comfortable.

D

dminches

Audiophyte
I own a pair of AT W3000ANVs and they are one of the best headphones I have ever owned. They are a bit expensive but if you are looking to buy a high end pair they are highly recommended.

K

kingpin32

Audiophyte
I have the M50. They are great all around with plenty of bass. The pro 700 have more bass but they are not as comfortable.

Sent from my SGH-i777 using Tapatalk 2

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
I can only comment on the M50 - highly regarded online and excellent sound in my experience. Caveat, I do not listen to dub-step. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis