T

Toli Chamos

Audioholic Intern
I'm playing with the headphone settings and l came across the setting where l can increase the hz and bit. What does this mean and why wouldn't l just max it out?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Settings on what/where? You don't give close enough info to try even guess what you are talking about.

T

Toli Chamos

Audioholic Intern
Settings on what/where? You don't give close enough info to try even guess what you are talking about.
I'm talking about the setting you get when you left click the sound button in the bottom left. Then go to playback devices and then you go to your default device and click on that. Then on the top their will be an advanced bit. Just click on that and you should see what I'm talking about. I'm on windows 10 btw

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

“Hz” (aka Hertz) refers to audio frequencies, typically identified numerically (i.e. 45 Hz). Anything that purports to “increase Hz” is a tone control, like a bass or treble control. So try adjusting it and see of the sound changes (not to be confused with the volume itself). If not, then I have no idea what the setting is.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

G

Grador

The settings you're looking at are called "sample rate" and "bit depth" and put simply they are properties of how your computer deals with audio. It is not best to max these settings out, but let them match to the source. CD's and most commercial mp3s are 44.1 khz sample rate and 16 bits. If set it to something different than the source your computer has to "resample" or do some math to make the source fit the output which will incur a loss of sound quality.

Some media players have the ability to change this setting for you to match whatever file they are playing at the moment.

T

Toli Chamos

Audioholic Intern
The settings you're looking at are called "sample rate" and "bit depth" and put simply they are properties of how your computer deals with audio. It is not best to max these settings out, but let them match to the source. CD's and most commercial mp3s are 44.1 khz sample rate and 16 bits. If set it to something different than the source your computer has to "resample" or do some math to make the source fit the output which will incur a loss of sound quality.

Some media players have the ability to change this setting for you to match whatever file they are playing at the moment.
How do l find out what to change my sennheiser g4me zeros to?

G

Grador

What are you generally using these headphones for? Music, movies, games?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

How do l find out what to change my sennheiser g4me zeros to?
You're conflating the sampling rate of files to the frequency response of your cans, which are two unrelated things. Sampling rate concerns how we encode analog signals into digital, and vice versa. Google Nyquist-Shannon sampling theorem for more information on this topic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis