audio problems re:dialogue

J

jayleaf

Audioholic Intern
i seem to be having an issue with dialogue that should be thru the center channel but is coming thru the left rear speaker in certain movies. both films are new releases, american sniper and jupiter ascending. american sniper was sporadic, but jupiter appears to be throughout the whole movie. sound thru the other speakers seems normal. other movies are just fine so far and sony customer service said there's no updates regarding this issue and said a factory reset would likely solve the problem, however it did not. i am using a bdp s5100 player. if anyone has any thoughts, before i purchase a new blue ray player i'd appreciate it a great deal.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If the dialog corresponds to people in the left part of the screen, it's normal. MOST dialog comes from the center channel, not ALL dialog.

I would check the surround mode and AVR settings first.

J

jayleaf

Audioholic Intern
If the dialog corresponds to people in the left part of the screen, it's normal. MOST dialog comes from the center channel, not ALL dialog.

I would check the surround mode and AVR settings first.
it's definately not normal. not for a whole movie. i'll check the settings as you've suggested. it's just the strangest thing though. first time i thought it was a flawed disc. very puzzling. i'll check settings as you've suggested and see what happens.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
it's definately not normal. not for a whole movie. i'll check the settings as you've suggested. it's just the strangest thing though. first time i thought it was a flawed disc. very puzzling. i'll check settings as you've suggested and see what happens.
Verify the polarity of the speaker wires, too. That can cause some really strange location problems.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis