B

benwu

Audiophyte
Okay, I'm having a small problem at home with my "home entertianment system" I didn't know who else i'd be able to ask, so here it goes.

I have a PS2, with video going to a BenQ 6100 projector. The two audio signals go to my PC's ATI All In Wonder card then to my speakers.

For some reason, I get background noise on my speakers when I try to watc a movie. I can compare the sound the that of a fan. Just a low intensity kind of "numbing" sound.

When I unplug the video, it goes away. When I put the video back in, it comes back. Its as if, there's not enough power to send all three signals?? Mind you, the two audio signals are running through a 40ft cord.

At first I thought it was just signal loss, but I ran my video signal to my computer too, and it looked just fine.

I'm using the following cable:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=173709&CatId=767

Velocity™ RCA Audio/Video Interconnects from Impact Acoustics offer excellent sound and picture quality for today’s audio/video and home theatre applications. These cost-effective performance cables give you maximum sound and picture compared to ordinary cables.

Twisted pair oxygen-free copper wire and foam dielectric provide optimized audio clarity. The low-loss 100% spiral-wound oxygen-free copper shielding offers protection against noise and interference. The color-coded molded connectors attach to an ultra flexible jacket allowing for easy installation and identification. The 24K gold plated heavy-duty connectors ensure long lasting, corrosion-free connections.

Features

RCA Plug x3 to RCA Plug x3
Bonded construction design for neat, easy connection of audio and video
Oxygen-free copper center conductor delivers high-quality audio and video
100% Mylar® foil and braid shield protects against noise and interference
Twisted pair construction reduces distortion for greater sound clarity
Oxygen-free copper braid shield provides a clear, noise-free, vivid picture
Corrosion-resistant, precision made 24K gold plated connectors ensure long lasting sound quality
Ultra flexible jacket for easy installation
Connect VCRs, satellite receivers, DVD players, or any video source with composite output jacks to television, monitor or A/V receiver with composite input jacks

Any suggestions?

B

benwu

Audiophyte
Well the ATI card has a TV-Tuner which has a Cable jack, if I unpluged it, does that fix it?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis