gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
APX Ver 2.5 Updates include:
  • 24-bit, 1MHz FFTs
  • Custom Reporting
  • Dolby TrueHD Compatibility

Overview
Audio analyzer manufacturer Audio Precision is demonstrating some of the latest high-performance features of its APx range at NAB 2010, including the new 24-bit, 1MHz ultra-high-bandwidth FFT option, custom reporting export functions and WAV file analysis.

Where will they be?
Beaverton, Oregon, April 2010: Audio Precision, the recognized standard in audio test and measurement, will be showing some of the latest features of their APx Series audio analyzer at this year's NAB show, running in Las Vegas from April 12-15.

What does Ver 2.5 Software give you?
Since the beginning of this year, Audio Precision have been shipping the BW52 ultra-high-bandwidth 1MHz FFT option for the APx525 family of audio analyzers, which delivers unprecedented bandwidth (DC to 1MHz), one million points, and 24-bit resolution when measuring out-of-band noise in Class-D amps, sigma-delta converters and other modern audio devices, easily surpassing the maximum FFT bandwidth offered by competing analyzers (usually topping out at 250kHz).

More recently, the v2.5 software update for APx has added custom reporting options (allowing automatic, direct export of APx test and measurement data into customizable Word documents for faster. richer reporting), .wav file analysis (allowing testing of digital recorders, PC sound cards, etc), and the ability to stream Dolby's TrueHD lossless audio compression format through the APx HDMI option.

There’s nothing quite like one megahertz FFTs at 24-bit resolution in the morning,” comments Tom Williams, VP of Marketing at Audio Precision. “It’s like turning on a light for the out-of-band energy that’s out there ready to hit your signal chain when you least expect it.
To find out more about the recent high-performance additions to the APx platform, check out:

http://ap.com/products/apx

or visit booth C2023, Audio Precision's stand at NAB, where staff will be demonstrating the APx’s enhanced capabilities throughout the show as well as AP’s High Speed Tester for broadcast and RDS test station.

About Audio Precision

Audio Precision is the recognized standard in audio test and measurement. For 25 years, AP has offered the highest performance audio analyzer instruments and applications to help engineers worldwide design and manufacture all types of consumer, professional and industrial audio products including the latest modern audio devices, including Class-D amplifiers and HDMI receivers.

For more information, visit: Audio Precision

Attachments

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Gene, I am interested in all of this but the truth is that I don't know anything about it so is there somewhere literature e.g. 'Audio Analyzer for dummies' available explaining the principles and how to actually use an audio analyzer ?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, I am interested in all of this but the truth is that I don't know anything about it so is there somewhere literature e.g. 'Audio Analyzer for dummies' available explaining the principles and how to actually use an audio analyzer ?
This article describes what the APx585 does:
http://www.audioholics.com/buying-guides/calibration-test-gear/audio-precision

It's kinda hard to instruct how to use such a complicated device. I was thinking about writing a tutorial on how to make measurements using this gear but time never allows. I however, detail how I make my measurements in my reviews.

T

TomWilliams

Audiophyte
Audio test resources

Hi Jeepers (hi Gene)
This is Tom from Audio Precision. We have a couple of useful resources for getting into audio test. The best one is our "Technote 104: Introduction to the Six Basic Audio Measurements", describing the big six audio measurements.
The bible for audio test is AP's "Audio Measurement Handbook", but it's pretty tough going. You can get those at AP's website ap com / download.

Wikipedia isn't bad either.

Hope that helps

/ Tom

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Hi Jeepers (hi Gene)
This is Tom from Audio Precision. We have a couple of useful resources for getting into audio test. The best one is our "Technote 104: Introduction to the Six Basic Audio Measurements", describing the big six audio measurements.
The bible for audio test is AP's "Audio Measurement Handbook", but it's pretty tough going. You can get those at AP's website ap com / download.

Wikipedia isn't bad either.

Hope that helps

/ Tom
Thanks Tom, I will certainly have a look at it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis