Audio delay and TV settings

A

AT91

Audiophyte
Forgive me if this is in the wrong thread, I didn't quite see a category that fit. I am having audio delays presumably from my Vizio TV (Model name: E390-A1) to my RCA Home Theater Soundbar (Model: RTS7010B). They are connected via optical cable so I'm assuming the audio out settings on the TV may be off, but I'm not an audio expert by any means. I've been in the audio settings of the TV and am unsure how they should be configured, especially the Digital Audio Out and Analog Audio Out settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my previous searches for answers haven't been successful.

L

Latent

Full Audioholic
There is an audio lip sync setting in the audio setup menu on the TV. Try adjusting this and seeing if it helps. There is not much else you can set for the digital out. If this doesn't fix it you can try using 2 way RCA cable to link analog audio to the soundbar and seeing if you get the same delay.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I have a Vizio and am using the analog audio to an receiver and there's no delay. Havent tried digital yet simply because the current stereo receiver (Yammie R-S201) I'm using with it doesn't support it.

I do find it a bit noisy, though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Analog may be the better option. Since there is no digital conversion and subsequent processing which is often where that delay comes from (there may be processing but not the type where this delay results).

You may also try changing the audio processing options for the outgoing signal type (PCM, DTS, etc...) and see if it makes a difference or opens up audio delay options.

J

Justin1996

Enthusiast
Hello, I've tried to connect it to Sonos Soundbar, and it's all good. I'm not sure what exactly the problem you are having, since I'm not an expert either lol. But I would suggest you read the Handbook of Vizio E390-A1 . It might include useful information.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I am having audio delays
Just for clarity, you do mean the audio is delayed relative to the TV picture, right? Voices don't match lip movement?

Want to be sure you're not comparing to radio simulcast or TV audio from a different room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis