U

Unregistered

Is there an audio cable out there that has a digital coaxial at one end, but a digital optical at the other end? I've got a tv that only accepts coaxial but my home theater system only has optical. Any help would really be appreciated!!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unregistered said:
Is there an audio cable out there that has a digital coaxial at one end, but a digital optical at the other end? I've got a tv that only accepts coaxial but my home theater system only has optical. Any help would really be appreciated!!

I am not following you here. What signal are you trying to pass to the TV? Video or audio signal?

U

Unregistered

I'm sorry, I'll try to clarify...
I'm focusing on the audio only. I want to connect my home theater system's audio using a digital cable but the system only accepts an optical audio digital cable. However my television, the Mitsubishi WD-62525, only accepts a coaxial audio digital cable. Is there an audio cable that has optical digital at one end (for my home theater system) and a coaxial digital at the other end (for the tv), or do I have to by a converter?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You might want to re-read your Mitsu manual

Are you quite sure those audio inputs on the TV aren't red and white? IF so, then you're looking at analog audio inputs.

Unless I'm mistaken, I've never seen a TV with a built in DD/DTS decoder, which is the only reason for digital interconnects to exist. FWIW, I believe the standard color for digital coaxial I/O is orange.

I HAVE seen plenty of receivers with DD/DTS decoders and these are where those digital interconnects are needed.

But, to answer your question, there are adapters available that will do what you need. These are available from partsexpress and, I believe, Radio Shack.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis