Atmos Speaker Placement?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, ‘Zilla!
:)
@Bostonhoff , there are a few other vids that I’ve seen by this guy that are all really good. He’s very practical about what he’s doing and the advice is sound.

As always, there will always be some compromise required unless you have the space to do a dedicated custom install.
Just be smart about your choices and remember that less can actually be more. Shoehorning Speakers into places that are too tight just to use a hook up on your AVR is always a poor choice.
While separation by distance from a bed layer Speaker to an Atmos Speaker is good, what ‘Zilla said earlier is key: the angles are the separation that create a believable soundfield and “bubble.”
Lastly, I don’t have time to watch the posted vid to remind myself of the content, but a very key point from that installer is off axis degradation of SQ. Not just in the upper FR, but across the entire spectrum. Somewhere there is a vid if not this one where he demonstrates the effect of having a misaligned Speaker and it is dramatic. ;)
As always, do your best with the install and try to minimize the compromises where possible.
This is the video you where talking about @ryanosaur where he shows what happens when your off axis and how the sound can degrade. It shows the change in response with pink noise as he moves the mic at different degrees from the position of an in ceiling speaker

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis