ati or nad power amp with my set up

C

carstereoguy

Audiophyte
my room is 11x24 and wood so its reflective and i have a click floor.
here is my set up
integra dhc80.2
ati 1505 and ati 1202
paradigm studio 100v3, cc570v3, 2 sets of adp470v3 and a servo 15v2
it sounds amazing in home theater in 2 channel its not that great a little bright and wondering if a nad t973 would be better than my ati amps.
im new here but have been a member of other forum and im, a car audio installer any input

A

avengineer

Banned
Nope. The amps won't sound any different. Certainly they won't make things less "bright" in 2 ch.

jinjuku

jinjuku

If your setup it 'bright' your aren't going to eq it with another amp.

The brightness is most likely due to a less than stellar room. Try and see if you can't get some room treatments.

C

carstereoguy

Audiophyte
wich amp is better match for the paradigm is the ati better than the nad or does anybody have experience with both

C

carstereoguy

Audiophyte
i will be working on the room so is nad an upgrade or downgrade from the ati

jinjuku

jinjuku

Match? Not sure what you mean. You need to look at the power and ohm rating of your speakers and purchase an amp accordingly.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Stop listening to audiophiles that claim that amps make a difference when driving speakers well within their power envelope. They don't. Its one of those snake oil myths that run rampant in the audio industry but mention a blind listening test (where you as the listener doesn't know when what amp is driving the speakers) and they run away like scared rabbits.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Stop listening to audiophiles that claim that amps make a difference when driving speakers well within their power envelope. They don't. Its one of those snake oil myths that run rampant in the audio industry but mention a blind listening test (where you as the listener doesn't know when what amp is driving the speakers) and they run away like scared rabbits.
Yeah, stop going over to AVS forum where probably 75% of members (who are not also AH members :D) believe they can actually hear the difference between every single amp and "My amp sounds better than your amp". :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As everyone already says, you won't hear a significant difference at all between these amps.

You won't hear a significant difference between Emotiva vs Krell vs McIntosh vs Bryston vs Crown either.

ATI makes amps for most amp companies in North America including Mark Levinson, Lexicon, JBL, Cary Audio, Theta Digital, B&K, Outlaw, and more.

At the rate of this economy, I wouldn't be surprised if ATI ends up making amps for NAD too. :D

I don't like saying upgrade or downgrade here between NAD & ATI because I don't think anyone will tell the difference.

But let's just say I think Mark Levinson, Lexicon, Theta Digital are higher up in the amp food chain than NAD in terms of price. And guess who makes some amps for them?

So if I had to choose one or the other, I would say going from ATI to NAD is a downgrade.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, stop going over to AVS forum where probably 75% of members believe they can actually hear the difference between every single amp. :D
I bet that someone is posting on AVS:

"Yeah, stop going over to Audioholics forum where probably 75% of members believe they can't actually hear the difference between every single amp. :D"

:p I don't go there often, so I don't know what the usual topics are. I do thoroughly enjoy some of there threads on products that I own - they have a lot of good info, I think.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Wife to husband "Do these pants make my *** look big?"

Sounds to me like someone should be more concerned about adding carpets and drapes rather than worryiing about what amps sound "bright".

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, stop going over to AVS forum where probably 75% of members (who are not also AH members :D) believe they can actually hear the difference between every single amp and "My amp sounds better than your amp". :D
AVS Forum is mild compared to Steve Hoffman's forum. They are so brainwashed over their that they believe audiophile wall receptacles make a profound difference in audio quality despite the whole infrastructure behind the outlet being run of the mill wiring.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
AVS Forum is mild compared to Steve Hoffman's forum. They are so brainwashed over their that they believe audiophile wall receptacles make a profound difference in audio quality despite the whole infrastructure behind the outlet being run of the mill wiring.
We would get banned over there in one day. :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I bet that someone is posting on AVS:

"Yeah, stop going over to Audioholics forum where probably 75% of members believe they can't actually hear the difference between every single amp. :D"
Probably. :D

I argue over there like everyday. :D

A

avengineer

Banned
It's all about "suggestion". If you pay enough for something that looks good enough, you'll "hear" the difference, even if there isn't any.

Stage magic requests the audience to suspend disbelief by presenting high quality illusions. If you manage to achieve that, then people can disappear, fly, change into animals, etc. In audio, there's no such request because there is usually no disbelief to suspend. If fact, there's a very strong desire to believe a great many things. They are firmly presented as fact, and are backed up with reams of pseudo-scientific data.

Your satisfaction depends not on if something is true, but rather if you believe it's true. We can argue all day about the difference in amps, or the lack thereof. But if you believe there's a difference, spend your money, take your choice, hear the difference, and be happy.

Conversely, some of us would rather know for certain if something is true before we spend our money. That makes us happy. Both kinds of people can be happy, and both have completely valid reasons to be so, even if they are diametrically opposed.

Philosophically, I personally fall into the second category, the "truth seekers". But I will also defend your right to pursue your brand of happiness. It's as good as mine, perhaps better, as it is far easier to achieve, and fairly harmless save for the wallet damage. And there's no question your gear will end up looking cooler than mine!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's all about "suggestion". If you pay enough for something that looks good enough, you'll "hear" the difference, even if there isn't any.

Stage magic requests the audience to suspend disbelief by presenting high quality illusions. If you manage to achieve that, then people can disappear, fly, change into animals, etc. In audio, there's no such request because there is usually no disbelief to suspend. If fact, there's a very strong desire to believe a great many things. They are firmly presented as fact, and are backed up with reams of pseudo-scientific data.

Your satisfaction depends not on if something is true, but rather if you believe it's true. We can argue all day about the difference in amps, or the lack thereof. But if you believe there's a difference, spend your money, take your choice, hear the difference, and be happy.
I believe that. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Wall outlets :eek: yep if there is crap coming in from the AC mains no wall outlet is going to correct it. Garage in equals garage out. Hey I think they also think " Tying five knots in your power cord will protect it from power surges caused by lightning". LOL

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis