ATI amplifiers..... High end or not......

I

Iker

Enthusiast
Hello guys.

There is a question that always come to my head and i cannot give the right answer to myself ( shortly because i do not have the experience ).

The question here and i hop get the answer cuz really i hop give answer to myself....

Is the ATI amplifiers are classified as high end amplifier and recommended to run almost high end speakers.....?

:confused::confused::rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ATI make some amps for Mark Levinson, Lexicon, JBL Synthesis, Cary Audio, Theta Digital, B+K.

Yes, ATI is "high-end".

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, ATI is "high-end".
The OP asked if ATI amps should be used on almost high-end speakers. How would you know anything about that?

;) :D

(To the OP - ADTG has some very nice speakers...so, yes, ATI is a good brand.)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hello guys.

There is a question that always come to my head and i cannot give the right answer to myself ( shortly because i do not have the experience ).

The question here and i hop get the answer cuz really i hop give answer to myself....

Is the ATI amplifiers are classified as high end amplifier and recommended to run almost high end speakers.....?

:confused::confused::rolleyes:
One of the things that I always look at in reviews of any gear is the "associated equipment". Not all reviews will give this, but many do (HT mag and Stereophile will almost certainly give associated equipment).

What I have found is that some of the reviewers indeed use ATI amps on their reference systems. The ATIs don't seem to be quite as prevalent as the Parasound Halos, the Anthems, and the like, but I have come across a few of the ATIs being used in the reviewer's reference systems.

I

Iker

Enthusiast
Thanks....
Now i get the answer...
Thank you again friends....
:)

I

Iker

Enthusiast
One of the things that I always look at in reviews of any gear is the "associated equipment". Not all reviews will give this, but many do (HT mag and Stereophile will almost certainly give associated equipment).

What I have found is that some of the reviewers indeed use ATI amps on their reference systems. The ATIs don't seem to be quite as prevalent as the Parasound Halos, the Anthems, and the like, but I have come across a few of the ATIs being used in the reviewer's reference systems.

The original confuse come from parasound amplifier...

The parasound and Ati make me confuse in what is the best if we compare two equal amps in specs from the two companies...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
ATI make some amps for Mark Levinson, Lexicon, JBL Synthesis, Cary Audio, Theta Digital, B+K.

Yes, ATI is "high-end".
As soon as I saw a thread title with ATI in it, somehow I divined you'd be the first to respond :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As soon as I saw a thread title with ATI in it, somehow I divined you'd be the first to respond :p
I like the simple threads. :D

I gets kind of boring, though, unless someone derails it. :D

I am listening to the Breaking Bad TV OST right now. Man, this OST is very bass-heavy, and my ATI amps are just doing wonders powering my dual Funk 18.0 subs and Revel Salon2. ;)

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Any amp with a flat frequency response, inaudible distortion and sufficient cojones to drive the speakers is high end.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
The high powered Outlaw amps are also made by ATI.
So they could also be considered high end.

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like the simple threads. :D

I gets kind of boring, though, unless someone derails it. :D

I am listening to the Breaking Bad TV OST right now. Man, this OST is very bass-heavy, and my ATI amps are just doing wonders powering my dual Funk 18.0 subs and Revel Salon2. ;)
Still listening to Breaking Bad OST BTW. Now that I know that a single Funk 18.0 can output 120dB from 50-125Hz (dual ~ 123dB), I am trying out 120Hz XO. So Pure Direct 2.2 + 120Hz XO. Sounds marvelous so I'll be retaining this 120Hz XO setting for now. :D

ATI makes amps for "most North American amp companies". I think also Earthquake Sound and Cinepro, although they have confidentiality agreement w/ ATI and will deny everything. :D

Keep in mind that ATI makes amps for each company per the company's specification. So power output, THD, SNR, ect, may vary.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
ATI makes amps for "most North American amp companies". I think also Earthquake Sound and Cinepro, although they have confidentiality agreement w/ ATI and will deny everything. :D
I'm probably just being difficult (so what what else is new?), but I think this statement is probably an exaggeration. I doubt ATI has even a 10% market share of all of the amps manufactured in the US. Crown and QSC together must outsell them by several times. I wonder if ATI builds more or fewer amps than McIntosh?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Still listening to Breaking Bad OST BTW. Now that I know that a single Funk 18.0 can output 120dB from 50-125Hz (dual ~ 123dB), I am trying out 120Hz XO. So Pure Direct 2.2 + 120Hz XO. Sounds marvelous so I'll be retaining this 120Hz XO setting for now. :D

Keep in mind that ATI makes amps for each company per the company's specification. So power output, THD, SNR, ect, may vary.
Obviously I have no idea if ATI makes Cinepro amps these days, but they didn't up through the 3K6 and I believe through the 3K6SE mark 1 or 2 (for both). That was AB International. I'll also say that they still look more like the AB amps (at least externally I haven't seen the internals of the newer models).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Obviously I have no idea if ATI makes Cinepro amps these days, but they didn't up through the 3K6 and I believe through the 3K6SE mark 1 or 2 (for both). That was AB International. I'll also say that they still look more like the AB amps (at least externally I haven't seen the internals of the newer models).
It may be just 1 or 2 models.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
AFAIK there are only 6 models 2K6, 3K6, and 4K6 plus the SE models which are just slightly upgraded versions of the standard models. It would seem silly to have different companies make so few models.

FWIW this is the AB Cinema Series. To my eyes, the rear end looks pretty darn similar to the Cinepro. However, Cinepro could have ATI making their amps and just kept the styling to make everything think the same company was making them or they could be all in house these days.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
The older Cinepro amps where made by (Bob) AB International. The new Cinepro amps are not made by ATI, I know that for a fact.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can't remember who told me of this. It was a while back.

But this is one possible evidence of the ATI/ Cinepro affiliation.

Compare the rear panel of the Cinepro vs ATI:

I mean they look practically identical.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I can't remember who told me of this. It was a while back.

But this is one possible evidence of the ATI/ Cinepro affiliation.

Compare the rear panel of the Cinepro vs ATI:

I mean they look practically identical.
I thought we were talking about amps? The amps don't look anything like ATI or known ATI built amps. That being said, it looks entirely possible that ATI builds the pre-amp processors. I just don't see ATI anywhere near the amp division though. Plus Walter, with all his secret connections would know best.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
100% correct on the DTP-8, that's a rebadged Lexicon, so it is an ATI. There was only one ever made as far as I know and that was for the 2005 show. There has never been one sold to the public. I can research that a little more.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
100% correct on the DTP-8, that's a rebadged Lexicon, so it is an ATI. There was only one ever made as far as I know and that was for the 2005 show. There has never been one sold to the public. I can research that a little more.
Yeah, I think that may have been the one and only ATI/Cinepro affiliation and somehow that started the rumor w/ the amps as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis