F

fredatty

Enthusiast
FYI

WS 100 $300/pair, WS 60 $100 each, WS 15 $90/pair

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
There is no comparison. Those are the worst sounding speakers BB carries. I prefer Bose to the WS series, and I HATE Bose. If you want slim towers next to a flat screen - check out the Yamaha series.

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Whoo thats rather harsh bose! Can't be that bad PS: I didn't know Yamaha's were known for their speaker prowess!:rolleyes:

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
billy p said:
Whoo thats rather harsh bose! Can't be that bad PS: I didn't know Yamaha's were known for their speaker prowess!:rolleyes:
Athena hit a home run with their Audition Series speakers. Then BB yanked them. Then they started selling these big dollare towers. I was anxious to hear them, but I normally don't shop BB. Since they were close, I popped in and couldn't believe the sound of the WS series. HORRIBLE. I a/b'd the WS to the Yamaha slim towers and I couldn't believe the difference in sound. I'm not one to push Yamaha speakers, but they were actually pretty good. It was hard to believe the bass coming out of those towers with AND WITHOUT the sub. I chalked it up as a bad set up. I stopped by two other BB's in other parts of town, and wouldn't you know it - the WS just didn't sound good. All I can say is go check them out for yourself. For the price they are asking - I'd want a lot more for my dollar.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Athena hit a home run with their Audition Series speakers. Then BB yanked them. Then they started selling these big dollare towers. I was anxious to hear them, but I normally don't shop BB. Since they were close, I popped in and couldn't believe the sound of the WS series. HORRIBLE. I a/b'd the WS to the Yamaha slim towers and I couldn't believe the difference in sound. I'm not one to push Yamaha speakers, but they were actually pretty good. It was hard to believe the bass coming out of those towers with AND WITHOUT the sub. I chalked it up as a bad set up. I stopped by two other BB's in other parts of town, and wouldn't you know it - the WS just didn't sound good. All I can say is go check them out for yourself. For the price they are asking - I'd want a lot more for my dollar.
I've heard this at another members house, and I was pleased with the sound. Trust me, BB doesn't take care of their setups.

SheepStar

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I agree with Buckeye. The ws series just sounds horribile. I also at three different bestbuys listened to both and the slim yamahas are way better across the board and alot less expensive. Now the Athena Audition series I like for the money.

SBF1

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis