Ascend Sierra 2 and KEF LS50 comparisons?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I just purchased a pair of Salk SongTowers QWT & the SongCenter last Saturday and unless you want to see me dead for amusement at my wife's hands, you'll understand if I pass up on your recommendation. :D

... but I'm serious, if someone wants to come to my house or I'll travel locally, within reason, and I'll bring Trixie & Dixie along for the competition. I'm interested as much as anyone else to see & hear what other audiophiles think.

Think of the Mexican bandit in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" who turns around and points to all his fellow travelers and states, "we are not afraid". :D
I take it... congrats are in order! I really do hope to hear the ST...one day. That would be a very interesting scenario if you get it all worked out...I'd be very open to read the results of that GTG.:)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
That would be a very interesting scenario if you get it all worked out...I'd be very open to read the results of that GTG.
yeah, there's got to be somebody locally (Philadelphia area) who owns a pair. well the gauntlet has been laid down. I ain't hiding. ;)

hell, if they're that good I'll sell my LS50's and get the Sierra 2's; they still command a good buck on the market.

Hlam

Enthusiast
yeah, there's got to be somebody locally (Philadelphia area) who owns a pair. well the gauntlet has been laid down. I ain't hiding. ;)

hell, if they're that good I'll sell my LS50's and get the Sierra 2's; they still command a good buck on the market.
This is true. I sold my LS50's for a small profit. I bet it would be a lot harder to sell my sierra 2's. Outside of the internet I do not know one person who has ever heard of ascend acoustics. Sorry to say; most of them would recommend Bose.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
no takers on the shootout, huh? I was really looking forward to it, win lose or draw.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I owned the Ascend 2's and thought they were fantastic. I love the ribbon on them. I however always felt something was missing.I ran then with the Rythmik sub. I am just a tower kind of lover. I See myself getting their Sierra tower with RAAL maybe one day. The RBH Sound have taken front row for me....For the time being. I can not recommend the Sierra 2 enough for a bookshelf.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis