V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
These two center speaker designs look very similar. ;)

which.png

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
These two center speaker designs look very similar. ;)

View attachment 42735
They do have similarities, obviously. Both are three-way WMTW speakers in sealed cabinets. The drivers and crossover designs are very different though. The Monolith THX center is very good but I think the Paradigm Premier is a bit better, as it should be since it is more expensive.

One interesting center is the Paradigm Premier 600C. It is a lot like the 500C except it has passive radiators instead of just a sealed cabinet. That makes it a better choice for systems without subwoofers. A lot of people will probably buy the 600C just because it looks bigger and louder than the 500C, but the truth is the 500C is probably a better center channel speaker for systems that use a subwoofer. The sealed design makes it easier to integrate with subs.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Ya VMPS. Don't be trying to pass that Fugazi looking Center

Paradigm is in the House!!!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry for the multiple posts, but really trying to nail this down. The KEF Q750 is right in the middle of the Q line. It’s been reviewed quite well, and has a width of 8” so it would take up quite a bit less space than say the q950’s for example. I can get a pair for right at $1,300. The center channel would also fit nicely but it’s $700, which puts me over budget unfortunately. However, I do believe this price point is typically the sweet spot as far as price/performance goes. Any thoughts on these or something similar that may save a little on the budget?
View attachment 42731View attachment 42732
I enjoyed these Kef's when I was looking for new speakers. For what it's worth though I enjoyed the Paradigm Premiers a whole lot more. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
One interesting center is the Paradigm Premier 600C. It is a lot like the 500C except it has passive radiators instead of just a sealed cabinet. That makes it a better choice for systems without subwoofers. A lot of people will probably buy the 600C just because it looks bigger and louder than the 500C, but the truth is the 500C is probably a better center channel speaker for systems that use a subwoofer. The sealed design makes it easier to integrate with subs.
I have not heard the 500C. But I can't imagine needing anything more than the Monolith THX-365C. The tonality is fantastic. The sensitivity is 89dB which makes it amazingly responsive. Audyssey sets it up at -1 on the levels and I can hear every bit of dialog without having to turn it up. Who can ask for anything more? ;)

Cant imaging paying twice the price for a Paradigm Premier 500C. But to each his own.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
But I can't imagine needing anything more
There is always more. You may think you have "enough" but ask your significant other and I'm sure they would want more in fact in your case I would think ALOT more. LMAO :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis