Ascend Acoustic Sierra OR Aperion Verus Grand

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think pairing them up with a pair of SVS SB13-Ultras will make for a killer sounding, and great looking system.
I like this thinking. Of course you could also look at the funk audio route for a sub if you are looking for monster performance.

Don't forget SVS has a new line of speakers too. If finish quality is a concern they'd be nearly impossible to beat.

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Sorry but my comments weren't a reflection of anything you said...I should have replied using the "quotes option' as my comments were for the post just above mine.

Again...I apologize...if you thought it was a barb or anything of that nature...as it wasn't intended that way...:eek:

Ps: When you get the new speakers please share some pictures with us.... as I do like the look of the AGV Towers & I know you'll get years of enjoyment out of them...Bill...:)
I did not take it that way at all, just wanted to clarify my reasoning for leaning the way I am. If anybody else stumbles into this thread I wanted it to be clear WHY I chose one way or the other.

I will have plenty of pictures of them if/when I get them. It just so happens one of my other hobbies is photography :)

NewHTbuyer said:
Do you already have the SB13 subs? If you are planning to order from SVS, you could look at their new Ultra line. I listened to the Ultra towers and the Versus Grand towers at RMAf and they are right in the same class. I just recently bought a pair of Ultra towers, so take my recommendation for what it is worth. Just wanted to point out another good option in your price range.
I do not already have any SVS products, I have to wait until we move for that. I looked at their Ultra line early on in this process, but the Wife quickly VETOED that idea :) I am already pushing the boundaries with the overall budget and with the possible dual large subs, I had to draw a line somewhere :) I appreciate the recommendation though! That is why I am asking about this here, there are so many choices out there it is easy for someone to overlook a company that should be considered. Before I started looking this time around I didn't know about the Ascends, or Philharmonic for example.

Sean

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis