j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Fan of the series, but not so interested in this one. Brotherhood got terrible reviews, and even 2 started to drag on a bit toward the end. Some of the best mechanics and an awesome engine, but once you're more or less fully upgraded, the fights weren't that challenging anymore and the ending of 2 was almost as weird as 1.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
I do agree that the endings were a bit odd, but or some reason I get so caught up in the story and the maps. I guess it may be bc I have a History degree but something keeps me coming back. It also helps I have a pair of Astro Gaming A40's that sound awesome! I should ask if anyone has heard these and has comparison's but that's for another thread.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
AC2 has some of the best and biggest cities I've played, and easily has the best free-climb/free-run mechanics. I may pick up III after it has been out a while. I have two others to play already: RE6 and Sleeping Dogs :)

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
I find that I almost have to play dumb to make it really fun. It does seem like they have a lot of new moves/combos that should be interesting. What dissapointed me most about Brotherhood was that I could not go back and finish missions that I was on, once you beat it you had to start over, which is whack.

P

pureiso

Junior Audioholic
These games are easy to play, but I am in it for the story. You want challenging and great gameplay (but incoherent story), pick up Dark Souls.

Revelations and Brotherhood did not get bad reviews by any means, just not nearly as revolutionary as the last few games. Unless, you take the multiplayer into consideration which was very refreshing.

I think they want you to feel unstoppable, but I am hoping for a way to tweak the difficulty on the next one.

For those on the sideline about Brotherhood and Revelations, they are excellent games. No doubt about it.

Somewhat related: Dark Souls, which I mentioned above, is on sale at newegg for less than $20. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, the naval stuff actually looks pretty cool. Saw that in the E3 trailer.

You might like Sleeping Dogs too then :) Pretty much the same formula just Hong Kong and Triad. Motorcycles instead of horses LOL.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Yeah, the naval stuff actually looks pretty cool. Saw that in the E3 trailer.

You might like Sleeping Dogs too then :) Pretty much the same formula just Hong Kong and Triad. Motorcycles instead of horses LOL.
I'll give that a look, thanks.

M

mikel80

Audiophyte
Well i was a fan of the first games but i wasn't impressived of the third release. Is it worth to buy it ?

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
yeah

Well i was a fan of the first games but i wasn't impressived of the third release. Is it worth to buy it ?
I would say yes, get is used if you can and return if you don't like, but I think you will.

B

brasewel

Audiophyte
Didn't really like brotherhood and lost interest in the series overall

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Well, tomorrow night is the big night. I had thought I was too old for midnight releases, generally since the babies are getting up then. The PS3 has dust since Revelations was beat, but it's time. Guess I'm taking wednesday off, yeah! If anyone plays online send me a PM with your username, or jsut send it and we can possibly help each other out.

Sincerely,

Newfound Dork.

R

rki

Audiophyte
The video looks awesome, will add it to my collections next week.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Game Thoughts.

Does anyone have any opinions yet?

V

VenomXt

Audiophyte
Eh better out there.

Eh, its only my opinion but i think the franchise is getting a bit stagnant now. With so many new games coming out if you have 60 and don't mind getting a good game but nothing new grab it. I would recommend Dishonored more than halo 4 for bang for the buck after playing it a little.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis