Are there any reviews or measurements for the new Revel Performa3 Series?

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
I am considering these now, particularly the (F208, C208, and S206), along with the Legacy and MA GX's. I have not been able to find any reviews or measurements on these as of yet. I searched Revel's website, but they have not posted complete measurments as of yet, when compared to their other lines. I need to find a place to audition these. How would they compare to the MA GX series, particularly in the high frequency range, as I really like the ribbon tweeter characterestics of the MA GX series. Also, I would like to see close-up detailed pictures of these speakers, as the website only shows a frontal image from a distance.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not yet, but you can bet that they will measure very well. :D

If Harman can make their cheap Infinity P363 measure that well, they can surely make the Revel measure even better. I bet the Revel will sound great as usual. :D

Hopefully, Revel will send Gene those new speakers to review. ;)

I bet Revel will send those speakers to HTM and Stereophile in a few months.

Waiting around really sucks.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm looking hard at these 3's so hopefully measurements will be out before the middle of next year.:rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm looking hard at these 3's so hopefully measurements will be out before the middle of next year.:rolleyes:
You speaker collector you! :D

So you already have KEF, Usher, GoldenEar. Now you want to add Revel? :D

I think you'll need to add B&W somewhere, some place, some time. ;)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You speaker collector you! :D

So you already have KEF, Usher, GoldenEar. Now you want to add Revel? :D

I think you'll need to add B&W somewhere, some place, some time. ;)
man don't say that out loud as my wife has this ability to sense things :eek:

I've always wanted to own a Revel but considering dealers are no where to be found in SC, I'm going to have to travel to hear them... PS: I would like to have those KEF 201/2 :cool:

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Revel does not yet have frequency response parameters posted to their website and very few pictures exist. I wanted to see side/rear shot pictures, binding posts, up close shots. It would be nice to see internal pictures of the enclosure as well. I will say that the plastic where the speakers are mounted to looks kind of cheap and out of place in this price range. They did appear to cut some corners to save on costs for these Performa3 series. Additionally, the surround S206 speakers are only available in Matte Black, which does not match any other other colors that they offer for the towers and center channels. Why only limit the surround sound speaker to one color? One should be able to order all speakers in the same color, as it would look odd to to have say the three front speakers in walnut, and the surround being Matte Black.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis