Aperion adiou speakers.

D

Dwayne89

Enthusiast
Hi guys i am trying to put together. A 5.1 home theater. what can you you guys and gals tell me me about Aperion Audio. Are they any good. I want full details the good and the bad. i am looking at the
Intimus sires 5.1 how do they compare to polk audio signature speakers. Which is better i am only using it for movies. and what av receiver would you use. i would look at any other brands you guys recommend. Thanks for the help.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi guys i am trying to put together. A 5.1 home theater. what can you you guys and gals tell me me about Aperion Audio. Are they any good. I want full details the good and the bad. i am looking at the
Intimus sires 5.1 how do they compare to polk audio signature speakers. Which is better i am only using it for movies. and what av receiver would you use. i would look at any other brands you guys recommend. Thanks for the help.
I would take any Aperion speaker over just about any Polk speaker. The Polk LSI line is supposed to be pretty good, but over-priced at the normal street price.

Is the price for the Intimus and the Polk Signature similar? If ONLY for movies, then I MIGHT consider Polk if they were significantly cheaper.

D

Dwayne89

Enthusiast
i just found this brand what can you tell me about svs speakers

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Their higher lines are good, but the lower lines tend to represent fairly average performance for the price category. Since there are plenty of options, they either need to improve their performance or lower their cost. To be honest, all of the ones discussed in this thread are direct to customer companies with different structures than a large company like Polk, so they can offer the customer something much different in terms of performance vs cost. Result = you win. So it isn't that they're hated, just that they don't offer the same value.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does Yamaha still make good speakers.
Big brand, lots of applications and models over the years, some were/are better than others but they're not particularly a speaker manufacturer consideration for most of us I'd think. Where are you? Why Aperion, Polk and Yamaha particularly?

ps What's your budget for the avr, speakers and sub?

Last edited:
D

Dwayne89

Enthusiast
No reason. I just want a good home theater. They always told me to buy brands that have a reputation that has been around awhile. They know what they are doing. Polk Klipsch Yamaha. ect. There not going to want to ruin there reputation. that they have worked so hard to git and Aperion has been around for a little while. they have that reputation of making good speakers. my budget is $4000

N

naga

Enthusiast
No reason. I just want a good home theater. They always told me to buy brands that have a reputation that has been around awhile. They know what they are doing. Polk Klipsch Yamaha. ect. There not going to want to ruin there reputation. that they have worked so hard to git and Aperion has been around for a little while. they have that reputation of making good speakers. my budget is $4000
my 2cents, i recommend listening to speakers from different brands first and pick one you like best.
any local audio store should be happy to demo different speakers in your budget for you.
brands i would recommend are bowers & wilkins, paradigm audio, rbhsound and ascend acoustics.
For receiver, try to find one with preouts for any future needs. i have heard good thing about Marantz SR6011.

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
what can you you guys and gals tell me me about Aperion Audio.
I have 4 of their Grand Towers and the Center. They are very good! I was completely satisfied for several years until this site perverted my sensibilities. I eventually replaced the Front L/R and Center with much more expensive speakers. Now I use the 4 Grand Towers for surrounds.

I can tell you the much more expensive speakers sound better... but they were much more expensive. I would not hesitate to recommend the Aperions I have.

R

Ras777

Audioholic
I have the Grand Towers/Center and the Verus Forte for my surrounds. I've had them for four years now and love them for both music and movies. I have a Marantz 6007 that drives the surrounds and an Emotiva XPA-3 that powers the fronts. Also, the fit and finish are impeccable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis