Anyone use the Logitech remote

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I'm in tapatalk so I can't tell if his profile says this... But he has a shaw gateway. He's Canadian. We pay more for everything up here (for everyone telling him how much cheaper he can get it) :p

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
Cos I had tried your idea with no luck , but will play with it some more . As soon as I hooked up my old XP computer all was well .

Brian yes I live in Cranbrook British Columbia and yes your right we pay more here . I could have gone threw amazon but our local mom and pops stereo shop is pretty slow right now so I paid retail .

The remote is pretty neat for the most part . I googled all the stations that I like and resized there logos in photoshop to upload to the remote as favorites .

thanks for your input guys , this site rocks

pmcenaney

pmcenaney

Audioholic Intern
The Harmony 900, or One are both nice, albiet fairly expensive remotes.. For the equipment you have I'd suggest taking a look at the Harmony 650. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the other two. But I'm using it right now for my setup and it works perfectly... Currently I have it set up to work with My Panny 65GT, Sony Receiver, PS3, Xbox360, Wii, Satellite Receiver, and HTPC. It's not black like the "One" which is nice, instead it's silver, but still has a nice colour LCD screen, and is only $80. Something worth checking out. I've got friends with the one, and didn't see any features mine was missing to warrant the higher price point of making the step up, as mine controls all my peripherals just fine.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Did you ensure that you have flash / Java Installed on your desktop IE. Not sure if that would make a difference but it may be worth a try.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I tried the Harmony Ultimate One, they (Logitech) recommend using a laptop computer to program it. I sent it back for refund. I suppose if one has a lot of time and patience universal remotes can be made to work.

Cliff_is

Cliff_is

Audioholics Content Manager
I tried the Harmony Ultimate One, they (Logitech) recommend using a laptop computer to program it. I sent it back for refund. I suppose if one has a lot of time and patience universal remotes can be made to work.
The URC MX450 can be programmed without the use of a computer; however, it's a very cumbersome process. I don't think there is any other remove solution on the market that's easier to program than the Harmony line. Trust me, using the computer is far nicer than trying to program an advanced remote using the little LCD screen on the remote itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis