Anyone own a Denon AVR-4306 that is willing to try the PC interface?

M

MRR

Audiophyte
The PC interface has the ability to download software that is embedded in the 4306. All I get is a corrupted file.

This is actually a restart of thread; http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21324

See the attached image, can someone else try to download/unzip/install this software? Not even exactly sure what it is... New interface?

As an aside, I setup the Media Connect SW on a PC with XP SP2. Simply by chooseing Aux/Net I can now EASILY scroll through all of my mp3's/wma's/etc by Genre/Album/Group/etc. from the remote & play them on the Receiver - Very Nice!!!:) :) :)

Thanks!

Attachments

bigmac94

bigmac94

Audiophyte
Denon 4306 Issues

MRR said:
The PC interface has the ability to download software that is embedded in the 4306. All I get is a corrupted file.

This is actually a restart of thread; http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21324

See the attached image, can someone else try to download/unzip/install this software? Not even exactly sure what it is... New interface?

As an aside, I setup the Media Connect SW on a PC with XP SP2. Simply by chooseing Aux/Net I can now EASILY scroll through all of my mp3's/wma's/etc by Genre/Album/Group/etc. from the remote & play them on the Receiver - Very Nice!!!:) :) :)

Thanks!
Now Thats What I`m Talking About!
Not Quite there yet,however The Instructions on the setup I`m Still reading.

"Insanity Is Hereditary You Get It From Your Kids"

M

MRR

Audiophyte
Took about 20 tries on different systems, finally downloaded clean!

bigmac94

bigmac94

Audiophyte
MRR said:
Did It Become Clear just exactly what it does,the Download I Mean.
Is It Needed?

"If Its Worth Doing ,Its Worth Doing The Best You Can"

J

James Elvick

Enthusiast
I'm subscribing to this thread :D

What software is best for music files for the 4306 to access, WMP or Itunes?

James

M

MRR

Audiophyte
Its just a utility to save the config to a file on your pc.

bigmac94 said:
Did It Become Clear just exactly what it does,the Download I Mean.
Is It Needed?

"If Its Worth Doing ,Its Worth Doing The Best You Can"

Its just a utility to save the config to a file on your pc. Also, got the HDMI switching working to the 8300. Had to get Beta FW from charter. Still some funky issues with HDMI in general though on this receiver. After talking to a Denon FAE I swapped out the unit but still have some issues;

1. TV sometimes doesn't get video.
2. Sometimes get colored squiggly lines.
3. The audio will cut in and out every few seconds with no video and show external in.
4. On screen config sometimes doesn't work...

Just got the second one today. Debating on bringing it back and getting something else.... But what? Or just putting my HDMI switch back in the config and use opticle for audio on both the dvd & stb. Currently have both audio & video going through HDMI.

W

winware2000

Audiophyte
Denon AVR-4306: System Setup Manager file "SSManage4306.zip"

MRR said:
MRR,

Can you please email me (winware2000@hotmail.com) this infamous "SSmanage4306.zip" file as I am also getting the "corrupt file" error.

Thanks in advance,

SDH

Brandon1123

Audiophyte
Help please!!!!!

I can't get my AVR 4306 see my computer. On my computer I can telnet to the AVR interface, but I can't not using WMC to share my mp3 files with AVR. Please helppp!!! I am going crazy here!

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
WOW,i thought music was supposed to be fun,that feature on these recievers sounds like a royal pain in the neck.

I can see myself trying to figure all that out & it wouldnt be good.

S

sommert

Enthusiast
Mine worked ok.........

I know this is a late post but I just bought a 4306 today and was able to download this file just fine. PM me if you need it.

Tim

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis