Anyone know anything about KEF 3005?

F

fishnugget

Audioholic Intern
Heard this wa s a great system. Anyone have any experience?

R

Revelry

Audiophyte
Kef 3005

Would like to thank everyone in the forums for all the input in selecting a nice surround system. Feel like a baby taking my first steps compared to all their audio knowledge! I actually own the KEF 3005, and love them. You can listen to them at Circuit City and they are currently on sale there from $1500 down to $1000. Sadly bought them for $1200 DOH!. They are up on the top of the line for small speakers in my opinion. Evil wife did not want the full size speakers. Bass is nice from all speakers, but do not have that booming sound you find when listening to say, rap music. very crisp and clear sound. System performs better for listening to music than for dvd's movies. This system does both very nicely though. Remember the sub does not have crossover or much of any adjustment so pick your receiver carefully, paired the speakers with Onkyo TX-SR605S 7.1. Yes I know what the reviews say but love all the features lol, runs very hot. For more information, please refer to CNET. They do some very nice reviews. Mainly bought these to replace an old KENWOOD system and this has a huge sweet spot. Have an open 10' wall to living room and another open 1/2 wall to stairs on the other wall, makes it hard to fill the room. Sorry for not being more knowledgeable, the others can fill any gaps, thank you everyone, would have bought a box kit surround with out your help!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis