Anyone know about Midi - > computer?

A

ashcash4

Audiophyte
At first I was like okay all I have to do is plug in my keyboard MIDI -> USB. But reading alot of anti USB threads have made me weary. My question is, since I'll be investing in a budget sound card, some sound cards dont come equipped with the bigger jacks. I would basically be just using the sound card for great playback. so is it worth it or even, is it possible to go from keyboard directly to sound card?

The Keyboard is a CTK 6000 with L/R Line OUT

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
At first I was like okay all I have to do is plug in my keyboard MIDI -> USB. But reading alot of anti USB threads have made me weary. My question is, since I'll be investing in a budget sound card, some sound cards dont come equipped with the bigger jacks. I would basically be just using the sound card for great playback. so is it worth it or even, is it possible to go from keyboard directly to sound card?

The Keyboard is a CTK 6000 with L/R Line OUT
Your keyboard doesn't have a midi port, instead it uses usb to send/receive midi
http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/high_grade/ctk6000/
You'd need some software sequencer on pc for this to work

I also don't recommend using internal sb for since you have good chance of catching RF interference from internal parts...

In your budget level don't be afraid of USB - embrace it :)
Behringer UC202 might be just what you need (aka decent A/D, D/A) and it's dirt cheap

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis